Sunday, July 6, 2014

“The Music Man” starts at 2:15 if anybody wants to come over.

Here’s the latest news bulletin from Club Meds. My blood sugar numbers have been creeping higher for the last few weeks but it never dawned on me how come until this morning at 3:45 when I got up for my middle-of-the-night senior citizen bathroom adventure. My blood sugar is higher because the last time I saw Dr. M (back on May 29) she told me I could stop taking Glyburide, which I did, but also mentioned I’d probably have to inject extra insulin to make up for it, which I didn’t. Good grief, people. I forgot the EXTRA INSULIN part! Since I really don’t want to start horsing around with more insulin I’ve decided to start taking Glyburide again as of 7:45 this morning ... two teeny green tablets twice a day washed down with a tall Marcytini. I have enough on hand for two weeks and just ordered a 90-day refill from Wal-Mart. Glyburide tablets appear above left for your possible interest. (Not shown actual size.)

It’s 8:37 a.m. and Sam just left to buy his Sunday morning apple fritter. If we all cross our collective fingers maybe he’ll bring me a couple of Sausage McMuffins on the way home. (You should begin crossing them NOW. Thank you.)



Hey, does anybody remember Delta Burke? WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO HER FACE? After I saw a news item last week that Meshach Taylor died (he was on “Designing Women” with her in the 1980s) I decided to check out the rest of the cast online and ran across Delta’s before & after plastic surgery pictures. She’s only 57 years old. Why does anybody want to destroy their face at 57? I DON’T EVEN RECOGNIZE HER.


And finally ... I’ve got a Howdygram public service announcement for people who like cheap fried batter. IHOP is celebrating its 56th birthday on Tuesday with 56¢ pancakes, so all of you should drop in any time from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. for a nice hot short stack. (Please note that a fork, plate and napkin will probably run you around $3.95.)
Thank you for eating reading this. In the meantime, if you’d like to come over this afternoon to watch The Music Man with us please send me an email as soon as possible.

No comments: