Sunday, June 17, 2018

This absolutely can’t be Chef Boyardee’s best work.

Yo, everybody, and happy late Sunday night to you and yours! This has been a slow, lingering day that included: 1) several back-to-back naps; 2) a few nice movies; 3) practically no food; 4) two Popsicles; and 5) I still love my Morphine. In case you’re interested, item #3 was a can of Chef Boyardee Spaghetti and Meatballs. You know what? This turned out to be a huge disappointment … some inch-long noodles floating in runny red sauce with three tasteless meatballs. Meh. This absolutely can’t be Chef Boyardee’s best work.




A few health announcements! NO ADDITIONAL CATHETER EMERGENCIES. No runs, no leaks, no errors. The tubing is holding up well and I’m filling my catheter bag again like a real champ. MY PAIN LEVEL IS EXTREMELY LOW. And I honestly can’t remember when it’s ever been this low … maybe a “2” on a scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being get the fuck away from me or I’ll beat you to a bloody pulp with my cane. My knees don’t hurt, my left foot doesn’t hurt, my screaming baby toe hasn’t even whimpered, I have no neuropathy pain, and so on. THANK YOU, GOD, FOR A MIRACLE CALLED MORPHINE. I CAN’T FIGURE OUT WHY I HAVE NO APPETITE. I’ve been consuming almost no food at all for several weeks now, such as quarter of a sandwich, a third of a bowl of soup, two bites of this and that, and so on. Sam says he has half a refrigerator shelf with my wrapped leftovers. The not-eating issue doesn’t upset me because I’m happy to be losing weight. I just mention this as a general observation. THE SIGHT OF MY OWN BLOOD MAKES ME SICK. There are several locations on my body where I’ve got ridiculously sensitive skin that tends to bleed like I’ve been stabbed. I won’t mention where because it’s really none of your fucking business, except it’s caused by a rash that never goes away and I’m getting awfully damn sick of it. Today I had to mop up two areas for almost half an hour. The fact that I take a blood thinner makes the experience even worse.



I have to shut down my MacBook now and work on tomorrow’s grocery list. Sam told me tonight that he wants to go to Wal-Mart and Costco tomorrow, which means I’d better print my lists before I conk out tonight. And since it’s almost midnight, that means RIGHT NOW.

Thank you for reading this. I’m want to drink cranberry juice and watch The Courtship of Eddie’s Father (1963) starring Glenn Ford and Ronny Howard. Raise your hand if you’d like to join me.

No comments: