Sunday, June 29, 2014

Sam wants an iPhone for his birthday. We’re buying it today.

It’s 8:30 Sunday morning and Sam, pictured at left, just decided to treat himself to an iPhone for his birthday — which is TODAY, incidentally — which means we’ll probably drop in at the AT&T store next to Tom Thumb on our way home from lunch to pick it out. If Sam goes with the iPhone 4s model it’s FREE. (Free is a really good price.)

As for me, I don’t need a cell phone AT ALL any more since nobody knows the number, I never go out, my relatives call our landline and I don’t have any friends. For the record, I’ve got a four-year-old Motorola “dumb” phone that stopped working in 2013. When Sam upgrades today I’ll cancel my plan altogether and save us a couple of bucks.
To help you keep track of today’s events please review the following map, which indicates: A) Howdygram headquarters in Mesquite; B) Cafe Greek in Dallas, our chosen location for Sam’s happy birthday lunch because we really like their all-you-can-eat gyros and baked fish with crusty sesame seeds; C) Fry’s Electronics on Northwest Highway (details follow); and D) the AT&T Store next to Tom Thumb so Sam can pick out his new happy birthday iPhone.
Regarding item C in the last paragraph, we’re returning the hard drive I ordered online but don’t need any more [see previous post] due to Marcy’s Law:

If something breaks and you order a replacement, the broken thing always starts working again ONLY after you’ve spent $59.99 plus tax online and Fry’s already shipped your fancy new 500GB Western Digital My Passport backup hard drive.



Sam and I watched a strange and adorable movie last night: First a Girl (1935), a British musical comedy that had to be the original version of Victor/Victoria (1982) with Julie Andrews, Robert Preston and James Garner. First a Girl starred Jessie Matthews in Julie Andrews’ part, Sonnie Hale in Robert Preston’s and Griffith Jones as Victoria’s very confused love interest (James Garner’s part). It was all really well done with hilarious songs ... and surprisingly more risqué than the 1982 remake. Too bad I erased it; I’d invite you to come watch it with me again and bring some snacks.
May you have a fun and pleasant Sunday. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: