Friday, June 1, 2018

Today is National Donut Day!

Shalom, howdy-do and how the hell are you? It’s a hot and sticky Friday morning here at Howdygram headquarters. We’re expecting a high temperature of 96° and the humidity is around 71%. That’s NOT a typo. Dallas is a SWAMP.

On the bright side, however, it’s also NATIONAL DONUT DAY today, and the Howdygram would like to provide essential information about where you can find free donuts so you and your friends (and deserving relatives) can reap some sweet rewards.

Happy National Donut Day!

Krispy Kreme … One free donut per person
Wal-Mart … One free donut per person
Dunkin’ Donuts … Buy a drink, get a donut
Edible Arrangements … Free cored apple covered in chocolate

There are also other donut shops offering freebies of one kind or another all across the United States, but I really can’t list all of them for you here because most of them are teeny local stores like Mesquite Donuts at 1336 North Galloway Avenue #132, which is very close to Howdygram headquarters. (Sam frequents a different one, however, due to superior apple fritters.)



It’s almost 12 noon. Sam has been asleep on the sofa for the last 90 minutes, but he promised I could wake him up when I was ready for lunch … and I guess that would be RIGHT NOW! Today I’m considering spaghetti with meat sauce and maybe a grilled Costco hamburger on top (we’re out of meatballs). And parmesan cheese. The recipe is an easy one. Sam nukes a package of fully-cooked Hokkien Stir-Fry Noodles, adds some hot Classico Family Favorites Meat Sauce and one nuked Angus hamburger patty. No kidding, it couldn’t be easier. Or tastier!

Classico Family Favorites Meat Sauce …  definitely my favorite pasta sauce.



Therefore, I think I’ll move on … which involves waking Sam so he can make my lunch, eating my aforementioned lunch, and then heading back to the chaise for an afternoon nap because I have very few demands on my time. (But you already know that.)

Thank you for reading this!

No comments: