Saturday, August 30, 2014

I’ll bet you’re wondering what’s on our agenda for the three-day holiday weekend.

I’ve got TWO BIG SCOOPS from Howdygram headquarters! First, last night Sam unpacked and set up our new Midea HS-65L mini fridge! It’s adorable, it’s running, it’s really quiet and I LOVE THIS THING SO DAMN HARD. Later today we’ll have to buy some soda — I’m thinking teeny bottles of Coke Zero and diet ginger ale — so I can start drinking ice cold things in the middle of the night.
Second, that “surprise thunderstorm” [see post] that rolled through here yesterday turned out to be really scary with very strong wind, torrential rain, HAILSTONES and two brief power outages. Unfortunately, Sam tells me the back yard is kind of messed up this morning. Patio stuff is blown all over the place and our tree lost branches and a bunch of leaves.



In case you’re wondering what’s on the agenda around here for the three-day holiday weekend here’s a list of our proposed activities in no particular order whatsoever. I sincerely thank you for giving a shit about this.

EMERGENCY DIM SUM. Due to a six-month craving for shrimp dumplings Sam promised to take me to Hong Kong Royal for lunch today. If you’re unable to join us please take a moment to enjoy the following food video with accompanying Chinese restaurant music.


CABINET REORGANIZATION. Last weekend’s pantry overhaul was such an amazing success [see post] that we’ve decided to press on with the rest of the kitchen and do all the lower cabinets. VOLUNTEER SHLEPPERS ARE WELCOME after 4 p.m. today; crunchy snacks and Marcytinis will be available on request. Click here.

SERIOUS MOVIE-WATCHING. I’ve got some amazing movies stored up on our DVR right now, including: West Side Story (1961) starring Natalie Wood and Richard Beymer; Network (1976) starring William Holden, Peter Finch and Faye Dunaway; Gaslight (1944) starring Ingrid Bergman and Charles Boyer; The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1939) starring Charles Laughton and Maureen O’Hara; 42nd Street (1933) starring Warner Baxter, George Brent and Ruby Keeler; Roman Holiday (1953) starring Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck; and The Gay Divorcee (1934) starring Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. Seriously, people, are these fantastic or WHAT?
EXTENDED NAPS. It’s only 8 a.m. and I’m already fired up for my first nap of the weekend. As soon as I finish this post (within the next five minutes) I’ll be heading into the family room for a couple of hours on the chaise with my all-time favorite nap movie, The Kennel Murder Case (1933) starring William Powell and Mary Astor.

Thank you for reading this.

No comments: