Friday, July 4, 2014

Enjoying our holiday weekend. Naps rock.

I hope y’all are having a tasty and relaxing Fourth of July just like the skeleton crew here at Howdygram headquarters. The holiday began with our favorite Independence Day brunch (Sausage McMuffins) after which I immediately fell asleep in the family room for three hours. I barely remember seeing the first 90 seconds of Murder on a Bridle Path (1936) starring James Gleason and Helen Broderick. NAPS ROCK. (So far today I’ve taken four of them.)


And now ... I’d like to offer a few movie recommendations for Saturday and Sunday, all coming up on TCM. (Times listed are Central.)

SATURDAY
      Attack of the 50 Foot Woman (1958), 11 a.m., starring Allison Hayes
      Guys And Dolls (1955), 2 p.m., starring Marlon Brando and Frank Sinatra
      The V.I.P.s (1963), 11:45 p.m., starring Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton

SUNDAY
      Top Hat (1935), 5:15 a.m., starring Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers
      Dangerous When Wet (1953), 9 a.m., starring Esther Williams and Fernando Lamas
      The Music Man (1962), 2:15 p.m., starring Robert Preston and Shirley Jones
      Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (1954), 5 p.m., starring Jane Powell and Howard Keel
I think it might be time to relax in the family room now with Sam because it’s been two whole hours since my last nap and I also want to eat things. Happy Independence Day!

No comments: