Monday, July 28, 2014

Curt Clawson, the Tea Party’s new congressman from Florida, has the brains of a gnat.

I’m suffering from another bout of insomnia tonight, this time due to severe pain in my right knee and not being able to get comfortable in bed ... or anywhere else, for that matter. I don’t know what’s going on but I hope to hell it subsides SOON or I’ll have to blow somebody’s brains out.

To cheer myself up I’ve got a really juicy Putz of the Week to share with you. In case you haven’t already seen this story in the news or read about it online, Curt Clawson, a brand new Tea Party congressman from Florida with the brains of a gnat, mistook two senior U.S. State Department officials for diplomats from India at a House Foreign Affairs Committee hearing on Thursday — obviously because Nisha Biswal and Arun Kumar are both brown and have those strange not-real-American names.
Clawson’s condescending bullshit included how much he loves India, that he hopes our countries will continue good relations and the names of his favorite Bollywood movies. “I’m familiar with your country; I love your country,” Clawson said. “Anything I can do to make the relationship with India better, I’m willing and enthusiastic about doing so.”

However, rather than snapping at Clawson with the sarcasm he deserved, Ms. Biswal answered with typical State Department aplomb: “I think your question is to the Indian government. We certainly share your sentiment, and we certainly will advocate that on behalf of the U.S.” To which Congressman Clueless replied, “Of course. Okay. Let’s see some progress.” Holy crap.

Here’s the video clip for your Monday morning entertainment; 44 excruciating seconds of smirking Tea Party stupidity. Please note that Mr. Kumar, who’s seated next to Ms. Biswal, is laughing so hard I think he wet his pants.


I have to try lying down on the chaise in the family room for a while because I clearly can’t fall asleep in bed tonight. You’re welcome to hang out here for a while but try not to make any noise, okay? Thank you very much. Send drugs if you’ve got ’em.

No comments: