Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Trick or treat, smell my feet!

Let me launch this post with a rousing HAPPY FUCKING HALLOWEEN from the Howdygram! We enjoyed a dark and stormy day here in north Texas, with our first round of heavy thunderstorms plowing through around 8:30 a.m. … and I’m not kidding about this, either. It was definitely umbrella weather!

TRICK OR TREAT, SMELL MY FEET! Woo-hoo!



We had lots of “company” today. For instance …
  • My hospice C.N.A. and R.N. were here at 10:30 this morning for bathing, hygiene and wound care on the back of my thighs. The latter included a great deal of bed-bound calisthenics and rolling around.
  • Our maid arrived at 12:30 to clean Howdygram headquarters. She even brings her own mop, supplies and vacuum!
  • But first … my podiatrist, Dr. Wright, showed up this morning at 8:30 for an unplanned visit to check on my feet. Apparently when he was here about six weeks ago he “wasn’t too happy” with the appearance of my skin in certain spots, so today he used a scalpel to take scrapings for the lab. While I was freaking out, however, he also commented that I’ve improved a lot since last time, so I decided to stop getting hysterical and start thinking about a very early lunch. I ate the following:
Heat-and-serve seafood-stuffed crabs. Spicy, rich and speedy.



Thank you for reading this. Go scare the Alamo for a while, okay?

No comments: