Sunday, October 14, 2018

Get fabulous and very affordable eyeglasses from EyeBuyDirect.com.

Happy Saturday evening, boys and girls! I’d like to begin with a shameless commercial for my new best friend, EyeBuyDirect.com. My new eyeglasses came in the mail today, and I’m pleased to announce that they’re perfect in every imaginable way. Perfect fit, perfectly-ground lenses, perfect frames (mine are pictured below) … and an incredibly perfect price for progressive trifocals with anti-glare coating and UV protection. Only $108! And believe it or not, right now they’re running a yooge sale: BUY ONE GET ONE FREE!

Get your fabulous and affordable eyeglasses from EyeBuyDirect.com.

But more important than the great fit, cute frames and great price … I can see again! My last pair of glasses were made by Mobile Vision, a local “visiting optometrist” here in Dallas who comes to your house to do an eye exam and then sends your prescription to a lab in Austin, Texas. Their exam ($195) was accurate enough, but their glasses were not … I could never focus very well on my computer screen and and their eyeglasses were outrageously overpriced at $342.

Today, however, EyeBuyDirect changed my life. I can see everything now … the TV, my laptop, my computer screen, every adorable freckle on Sam’s face, fine print, you name it. And that’s why I want to share the great news. So please get a copy of your optometrist’s prescription and order your glasses online from EyeBuyDirect. They make it easy to choose your frames (almost all of them are $12 or less; mine only cost $9), it’s easy to type in your prescription, and if you have questions (or need help ordering) you can contact them by phone, a website message page or live chat. And there’s even a money-back guarantee!

And in case I forgot to mention it, there’s also NO SALES TAX and FREE SHIPPING.

A few hours ago I sent EyeBuyDirect a message asking if I could weasle into their BOGO sale somehow and get a second pair for free. I’ll let you know what happens …



We’re having a quiet night at home after A FULL DAY OF BIG THUNDERSTORMS and very heavy rain. We got six inches here at Howdygram headquarters! At the moment, however, Sam is asleep on the sofa and I’m watching Gunga Din (1939) starring Cary Grant, Douglas Fairbanks, Jr., Victor McLaglen and Sam Jaffe as the title character (a lowly Indian water boy who desperately wants to be part of the regiment). This is one of those true “classics,” with first-class entertainment and unforgettable performances. I’ve also been trimming and filing my fingernails, enjoying occasional tropical Popsicles and answering an email here and there. I feel highly productive and thoroughly accomplished tonight. (And my nails look great.) Next I’ll watch a non-comedy called The Hindenburg (1975) with a cast of thousands that includes Anne Bancroft, George C. Scott and Gig Young. This is the semi-true story of the Nazi zeppelin that blew up trying to land in New Jersey in 1937.

Cary Grant, Victor McLaglen and Douglas Fairbanks, Jr., in “Gunga Din.”

My new HOYER LIFT SLING (pictured left) arrives on Sunday, and that means I’ll finally be able to swing from my hospital bed to the commode and from the commode to my computer desk … without pain and without standing up! This is really exciting for me and hopefully will open up a whole new realm of possibilities. And Sam is really thrilled about operating a Senior Citizen Forklift! He gets to steer me up and down, back and forth and twirl me around … and we’re all ready to go in our rear foyer on the stone floor, not in the family room (there’s too much furniture in there) or on the carpet.

SNACK EMERGENCY. It’s 2:30 a.m. Sunday morning, and I wish Sam was awake! I have a craving for saltine crackers with margarine and two or three slices of pepper jack cheese on the side. This is really the perfect late-night snack … it’s neat, it’s quiet, it’s easy on the stomach and if I play my cards right I won’t drop too many crumbs in bed!



Thank you for reading this. If you’re interested in remembering the Alamo, click here.

No comments: