Friday, October 26, 2018

Incidentally, Sam has been suffering, too ... every miserable step of the way.

Without consulting anybody whatsoever I decided to forego composing Howdygram posts on Tuesday and Wednesday for a couple of solid reasons: 1) I didn’t want to; and 2) I spent both days sleeping off the stress, anxiety and pain from Monday. And it wasn’t just a shitshow for me, because Sam suffered, too … every miserable step of the way. By the time we finished with the “bedpan hoo-hah” around midnight on Monday we were so shredded, emotionally, that Sam decided to sleep in the family room with me and not go to bed at all.

However, I’m happy to announce that Wednesday was not a repeat of Monday’s scream-fest. My hospice R.N. (Stella) and C.N.A. (Leticia) showed up together for bathing, hygiene, a mini-checkup (blood pressure: 110/54) and maintenance of the wounds and infected skin on the back of my thighs. And this time I rolled on my side comfortably.

INCIDENTALLY . . .
Effective this morning (Thursday), I’m taking two new antibiotics to help with murdering the skin infection on the back of my thighs. This is in addition to an R.N. who visits three times a week to saturate me with a medicated antiseptic wash and lotion. You wouldn’t believe how much attention I get around here …



I’ve only got three little FREE FONTS for you tonight, but you know what? They’re good ones! I love all of them, and I promise you’ll see them soon on my greeting cards, iPhone cases and mug designs for The Howdygram Store. And now that Sam and I have figured out how to use my rolling tray table as a computer desk I’ll have a lot more creative time available. Woo-hoo!


INCIDENTALLY . . .
In a previous paragraph I mentioned iPhone cases for The Howdygram Store, and that’s because this weekend I plan to start designing a variety of cases for the iPhone 8, 8 Plus, X, XS, XR and X Max! If there’s time, and I feel so inclined, I might also throw in a few iPad cases as well, including the iPad Air and iPad Mini. If you own any of these devices and want a custom-designed case, please send me an EMAIL and I’ll be glad to create something one-of-a-kind for you. FYI, my first project will be a custom iPhone case for Sam because he just bought himself a 6S!



Sam picked up another Wal-Mart Grocery order for us today. I absolutely LOVE this! I ordered Stouffer’s Family Size Stuffed Peppers, Stouffer’s Spaghetti and Meat Sauce, Tyson Buffalo Chicken Strips, Great Value Chili with Beef & Beans and a Hot & Spicy Cornbread Crust, Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes, cole slaw, Outshine Acai Blueberry Frozen Fruit Bars and two pump bottles of Equate Diabetics’ Lotion for Dry Skin. Fabulous! I didn’t have to send Sam shlepping up and down the aisles of a Wal-Mart Superstore hunting for the right sizes, the right scents, the right colors, the right flavors and so on … instead, Wal-Mart employees do the shopping and everything is brought to your car. There aren’t any mistakes and there aren’t any fuck-ups. And the entire grocery pickup hoo-hah is 100% FREE. Remember that. FREE HOO-HAHS!



It’s now 8:45 a.m. Friday morning. I’m watching The Dawn Patrol (1938) starring Errol Flynn, David Niven and Basil Rathbone and eating a “Cool Whip Sundae.” This is a teeny bowl of Cool Whip topped with a diced antibiotic that’s as big as a horse pill, and I’ve got a real picture to prove it! My afternoon antibiotic is posing here with Allpurinol, which is a round tablet that’s the same size as an ordinary aspirin.

An antibiotic that’s as big as a horse pill. I can’t swallow this damn thing.

I’d better move along now … it’s already 9:30 a.m., and I’ve got my hospice C.N.A. and my R.N. on the schedule for 10:30 this morning. It’s BATH DAY, and it’s also time for another skin treatment on the back of my thighs. But first … I think I’ll eat a pair of sugar-free tropical Popsicles and finish watching The Dawn Patrol, as illustrated below.

David Niven and Errol Flynn are WWI fighter pilots in “The Dawn Patrol.” Woo-hoo!

Thank you for reading this. And remember the 11th Commandment: Thou shalt not fling used paper napkins at the Alamo.

No comments: