Sunday, June 8, 2014

Let’s take a look at Coot McCain’s hypocritical outrage.

I’m all alone today (it’s Sunday) because Sam is downtown at the office and probably won’t be home until first shift shows up at 7 a.m. tomorrow. Yup, it’s an all-nighter for Sam, so in the meantime I’ll distract myself with my top three favorite leisurely pursuits: eating things, sleeping and Howdygram posts. This is your lucky day!

Today I’d like to feature another Putz of the Week because there’s no shortage of putzes making headlines these days. I’m sure I won’t have to introduce you to today’s recipient, however: Senator John “Coot” McCain of Arizona, the GOP’s 2008 presidential candidate and the douchebag who shoved Alaska’s addle-brained Sarah Palin onto the national stage. McCain’s latest travesty, however, involves his hypocritical outrage over prisoner-of-war Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl’s release last week by the Taliban.
Four months ago McCain told the Washington Post: “I would support this. Obviously I’d have to know the details, but I would support ways of bringing him home, and if exchange was one of them, I think that would be something I think we should seriously consider.” On Friday, though, the GOP wind was blowing from a different direction when McCain decided to flip-flop: “This decision to bring Sergeant Bergdahl home — and we applaud that he is home — is ill-founded, it is a mistake. It is putting the lives of American servicemen and women at risk.”
You’ve got a really shitty memory, Coot. Maybe you shouldn’t be the GOP’s mouthpiece about prisoner exchanges! After all, you’re only a United States senator because you milked your 15 minutes of fame after President Nixon negotiated your release from a Viet Cong prisoner-of-war camp BY SWAPPING YOU FOR A BUNCH OF VIOLENT NORTH VIETNAMESE JUNGLE FIGHTERS.

But the irony doesn’t end there. On Thursday McCain ditched a Senate briefing on Bergdahl to hold a press conference demanding more information about the prisoner swap. “I learned nothing in this briefing,” he complained to reporters. Maybe because you LEFT EARLY?

Or to put it another way, here’s what MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow had to say. “If you’re skipping the briefing to complain that there’s no briefing, we’re not laughing with you, Congressmen, we’re laughing AT you.”

You betcha!

No comments: