Wednesday, October 21, 2015

I can’t believe nobody ever complained about three bimbos bathing in Hooterville’s water supply.

I’ve got millions of things to tell you today, people. MILLIONS! It’s enough to make a blogger’s brain explode with excitement! (Not really. Occasionally I lean towards hyperbole.) But I’ll begin my post with today’s Shit-O-Meter reading because the news is pretty damn good. This is due to two extended and unexpected naps on Tuesday and six hours of uninterrupted sleep overnight.


In other medical-related news, Howdygram headquarters’ Clots “R” Us do-it-yourself blood clot clinic was open for business this morning! As a refresher, I’m a heart patient who takes Coumadin, a blood thinner, to prevent having a stroke, and once a month I’m supposed to show up at Dr. M’s lab for a PT/INR fingerstick blood test that registers the clotting time of my blood. (Clotting time is apparently a big fucking deal for stroke prevention.) But because I’m also a handicapped old lady who doesn’t travel well in cars, Sam and I invested in an expensive CoaguCheck XS test-at-home meter kit — the same meter that doctors use — so we don’t have to shlep my ass to the lab every month in a wheelchair.

Bottom line: My test result today was 2.2, which is goddamn PERFECT. I’ll be celebrating at lunch with a bowl of lobster ramen and sugar-free orange Jell-O, neither of which have anything whatsoever to do with blood clots. Thank you.



Thought you might like to know that the Dallas metro area is still on schedule for a shitload of rain this weekend! The forecast calls for five to eight inches starting tomorrow (Thursday) and continuing through Sunday, as indicated below. We haven’t had any rain for a very long time and I sincerely hope we DROWN.
Even though the forecast indicates “PM Thunderstorms” tomorrow, a closer look indicates that we’re also expecting storms in the morning as well so I just canceled my 9:45 a.m. podiatrist appointment because I can’t walk on wet pavement with a cane. (I can barely walk on DRY pavement with a cane.) Sam has volunteered to perform my periodic toenail maintenance, for which he will be suitably rewarded. (Stop laughing.)



The Howdygram is sad to announce that Pat Woodell, who played Bobbi Jo Bradley on 1960s CBS sitcom “Petticoat Junction,” died on September 29 in Fallbrook, California. She was 71.
Woodell played one of the Bradley sisters on “Petticoat Junction” from its debut in 1963 through 1965, starring opposite Linda Kaye Henning as Betty Jo and Jeannine Riley as Billie Jo. Bea Benaderet played their mother, who owned the Shady Rest Hotel.
Woodell left the show after season two and was replaced by Lori Saunders. “Petticoat Junction” aired on CBS until April 1970, at which time it was canceled for being too fucking stupid for prime-time television. I also can’t believe nobody ever complained about three bimbos bathing in Hooterville’s water supply. This is seriously nauseating.



And now ... it’s time for lunch with Sam followed by a bi-weekly visit from our maid at 1 p.m., my afternoon nap and a sock-folding extravaganza rescheduled from yesterday. I also want to start designing this year’s Hanukkah cards.

Thank you for reading this.

4 comments:

Gil D'Aquin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gil D'Aquin said...

Hello I like you blog, and I've always been a big fan of Petticoat Junction. However, your tongue in cheek reference to the girls' bathing in the town's water supply is inaccurate. The water tower is actually a railroad water tower and is used to fill the boiler of the steam operated "Cannonball". I don't think the beloved train would've objected to the girls' taking a swim in the tower.

Gil

Everett said...

You used the wrong photo for the late Pat Woodell. That's Lori Saunders in the photo.

Marcy Marks said...

Wow, I sure have some “rerun savvy” Howdygram fans! Thanks for the information, Everett. I stand corrected!