Sunday, March 15, 2015

Beware the Ides of March, y’all.

Know what? As a retired website designer I get an overwhelming urge to tweak the Howdygram at least once a month. For instance, my favorite and most frequent design adjustment involves dicking around with the TYPE COLOR, which is typically between 70% and 80% black. (To the non-designers among you, these numbers refer to shades of dark gray.) For the last several weeks the type color has been steady at a lovely shade of 75%, but this morning, after investing the better part of two hours experimenting with a slightly lighter shade, I finally decided to get REALLY REALLY RADICAL and drop all the way down to 60% and then I changed my post signature to BLACK. Holy shit. This is what hydrocodone can do to you! I’M LIVING THE WILD LIFE NOW!
I think I’m almost very thrilled with the new look maybe. Please stay tuned for further developments, okay?



Today is Sunday. And as we all sit around bewaring the Ides of March I will recognize the murder of Julius Caesar in 44 B.C. with all of the following Roman holiday-inspired activities:
  • Folding socks.
  • Consuming a large volume of leftover Chinese food that includes a quart of hot & sour soup with crunchy things, Orange Shrimp and Lemon Butter Shrimp WITH REAL LEMON SLICES in it. There are no leftover Crag Rangoons.
  • Helping Sam reorganize the freezer.
  • Composing an email to Dr. M to welcome her back from vacation and request another giant bottle of narcotics for my shitty knees and feet.
  • Watching Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959) starring James Mason and Pat Boone. James Mason played Brutus in the original 1953 classic Julius Caesar but I’d rather watch him in Journey to the Center of the Earth because DINOSAURS AMD VOLCANOES! For your possible interest a sample scene from Julius Caesar appears below although I couldn’t find a decent picture with James Mason in it.
It’s 6 in the morning and I think this might be the perfect time (finally) to haul myself to bed. Thank you for stopping by and don’t forget to shut the lights when you’re done here, okay?

No comments: