Friday, June 13, 2014

It must be wonderful to have uncomplicated feet.

In case inquiring minds want to know, Sam’s new shoes from Amazon arrived yesterday and he really, really likes them. (It must be wonderful to have uncomplicated feet.)

Hey, boys and girls, here’s my very first report from the Howdygram’s new I’ll Bet I Get Better Email Than You Do department! Today my inbox included:
  • Political donation requests from Organizing for Action, Texas Democrats, Leticia Van de Putte for Lieutenant Governor and Wendy Davis for Governor.
  • My May account statement from PayPal.
  • Exciting Father’s Day specials from Total Diabetes Supply featuring glucose meters and incontinence briefs in extended sizes. For the dad who has everything!
  • A free jar of vanilla bean paste from My Spice Sage when you spend $30.
  • Get your mystery coupon from Kirklands.com
  • A big Father’s Day sale from Asian Food Grocer featuring do-it-yourself gummi candy-making kits, anime mouse pads and wasabi powder. This is even worse than Total Diabetes Supply.
  • TCM’s mid-month movie highlights newsletter with a reminder to watch three Jack Benny comedies on June 28.
  • Free breadsticks with any pizza from Pizza Hut.
  • Save 13% at Making It Big. It’s Friday the 13th today, remember?
  • My Deals of the Week newsletter from Netrition.
  • A message from Sam’s Aunt Adie that Dos Arbolitos isn’t open for breakfast any more on weekdays so they’ll have to eat somewhere else on Monday.
  • The latest headlines from RawStory.com.
  • A reminder from Schwan’s to tell my friends to sign up for home delivery and spend a lot of money on frozen food.
It’s almost 7 p.m. and the perfect opportunity to inject some insulin, forage for dinner before my blood sugar gets too low and enjoy today’s episode of “People’s Court.” Do I lead a stimulating life, or what?

No comments: