Wednesday, January 30, 2019

I stopped eating crunchy snacks, so the taste of salt is abhorrent now.

SUNDAY, 1/27/2018, 9:47 P.M. Hello and happy Sunday night from Howdygram headquarters! Sam is asleep on the sofa, so I thought this might be a fine time to launch another post while I try to bounce back from severe indigestion. I will never EVER eat Aidells Caramelized Onion Chicken Meatballs again. Sam bought them at Costco a couple of days ago, and they’re greasy, too heavily seasoned and exceptionally salty. I think what I hate most is the “exceptionally salty” part, because my diet changed dramatically when I found out last year that I have congestive heart failure. I stopped eating crunchy snacks, so the taste of salt is abhorrent now. (I haven’t even eaten one stinking Cheeto since 2017!)




TUESDAY, 1/29/2018, 8:45 P.M. Boys and girls, you may have noticed a few fascinating design tweaks to the Howdygram today, but in case you haven’t I’ll elucidate them for you now. For instance: 1) the color of our TEXT LINKS has been changed from black to red throughout the blog; 2) we have completely new SUBHEADS with a new font (“Modernica Black”) and a new color (#394469); and finally, 3) in the BANNER I enlarged the copyright © symbol by three points, I moved the cowboy cartoon about a quarter-inch to the left, and then I changed his exclamation to a very simple, very Texas YEE-HAW. (Everybody here says “yee-haw.”)



Yes, friends, your favorite bedridden invalid — i.e., yours truly — has been occupied for the last couple of days creating and uploading two dozen new mug designs to The Howdygram Store … and also to Mugs By Marcy, an identical marketplace that provides double coverage in Zazzle’s search results. Here are a few of my latest designs. I know you think they’re adorable, right?


Incidentally, very soon Mugs By Marcy also will include additional drinkware products, such as MASON JARS in two sizes (with and without handles) and a customized white PORCELAIN TEAPOT that will keep your tea very hot for a long time.

Please remember to shop at The Howdygram Store for all your gifts and greeting cards this year. (This is a hint. Thank you.)



WEDNESDAY, 1/30/2018, 1:07 A.M. I’m having an eventful week, even when you consider I’ve been trapped on a hospital bed in the family room since May 2018. I’m comfortable, of course, and I’ve got a huge flat-screen TV, ramen noodles and Sam to keep me company, but it’s still a peculiar existence.

Concerning the “events” in my eventful week, however, I’ll list them below for your possible interest. You might want to take a few notes.

VISITS FROM MY HOSPICE R.N.
Martha was here on Monday for my routine checkup, and she’ll also be back Wednesday and Friday with her new assistant, an L.V.N. named Leslie. When Martha and Leslie are here tomorrow I want to show them the skin on the back of my left thigh, because I think I fucked it up a couple of hours ago when I scratched myself (hard) with a metal back-scratcher. I wound up scraping off a crusty, creepy layer of shitty skin (it’s a real problem for bedridden diabetics), and I even think I was bleeding afterwards.

VISITS FROM MY HOSPICE C.N.A.
Leticia also shows up every week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, but for bathing and hygiene sessions. Every Monday we also throw in an energetic shampoo, after which I attempt to blow-dry my hair while I’m lying down in bed. (This is essentially as stupid as it sounds.)

VISITS FROM OTHER PEOPLE
Occasionally other people drop by, too, during a typical week, such as my fabulous VISITING PODIATRIST, our hospice SOCIAL WORKER or CHAPLAIN, or a DRUG DUDE with a prescription from the hospice pharmacy in Forth Worth. This week it was the last on that list … a pharmacy drug dude bearing Hydrocodone for my severe chronic pain issues — GOD BLESS DRUGS! — and a new script for Amoxicillin Clavulanate, which will try to kill the months-long UTI that my last round of antibiotics (Nitrofurantoin), which I just finished on Sunday, couldn’t cure. This has to be the most stubborn infection on God’s green earth, and I’m so fucking sick of it I could scream already. The hospice M.D. has thrown every antibiotic in his arsenal at me, and nothing relieves my symptoms for more than 48 hours.



Thank you for reading this. If at all possible, please take a minute or two to remember the Alamo today. The state of Texas would appreciate this, and so would Sam. (Me, not so much.)

No comments: