Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy New Year, everybody!

It’s 9:49 p.m. on New Year’s Eve. Sam’s unconscious on the sofa, I’m at my computer feeling moderately crappy, and That’s Entertainment I, II and III are playing live on Turner Classic Movies … because, quite frankly, if anything could make me feel better it would be an evening of classic MGM musicals. (And a handful of opioids.)


A few minutes ago I programmed our DVR to record the Tournament of Roses Parade in the morning on NBC. I don’t think Sam and I have watched the Rose Parade since we moved away from southern California in 2007, but tomorrow’s parade is a little different … Sam’s 20-year-old cousin Hailey is performing with the Pacific Crest Drum and Bugle Corps! I doubt we’ll be able to recognize her, but it might be fun to try. I’ll keep you posted, okay?



The Howdygram is grieved to report that R. L. Zeigler Co. has recalled 11,600 pounds of ready-to-eat chicken and pork sausages that might contain shards of metal. This new food horror comes just a few weeks after nearly 29,000 pounds of Jimmy Dean sausages were recalled for a similar problem.

Check your freezer for the following products:

24-oz. plastic bags containing nine links of “Zeigler A Tradition of Great Taste Red Hots” with a use-by date of January 24, 2019.

24-oz. plastic bags containing nine links of “Extra Hot Zeigler A Tradition of Great Taste Red Hots” with a use-by date of January 24, 2019.


You can also check for the number “EST. P-9156S” inside the USDA inspection mark.

Incidentally, there’s no list yet of specific stores where the recalled sausages are being sold, but the products were shipped to retailers nationwide … so these little terrors could be damn near anywhere. Look out, okay? Maybe you should consider a bagel and cream cheese instead or maybe a couple of frozen waffles.



I’m going to kill some time now and finish setting up one of my new Zazzle stores … Mugs by Marcy. By tomorrow I should be done copying all the mugs from The Howdygram Store. There are about 160, I think, with more on the way as soon as I have a chance to develop the designs.

FYI, Cases by Marcy is already complete and fully functional. You can shop there for my intensely chic and trendy collection of iPhone cases. It’s my hope to have Cards by Marcy up and running by mid-January,  because copying all my greeting cards from The Howdygram Store will be slow-going. There are so many of them … and probably more than two dozen different subcategories.




Doing anything thrilling on New Year’s Day? After watching the Rose Parade I’m going to eat noodle soup and ask Sam to help me wash my hair. The perfect start to a new year, right?

Thank you for reading this … and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments: