Saturday, September 22, 2018

Milestone! I just ordered an electric ladies’ shaver and a package of 12 Scünci barrettes!

Friday evening is slowly slipping away from me. It’s 11:30 p.m., Sam is on the sofa nearby and I’m drifting in and out of sleep on my beautiful FULL-SIZE HOSPITAL BED here in the family room. No kidding, I’m already feeling a huge difference on my lower back and shoulders, and there’s also more room to move my legs and feet. And if I get bored I can ride up and down just for the hell of it. This is a very wonderful thing!

Incidentally, I just made a yooge and exciting decision about MY FUTURE GROOMING NEEDS and ordered a Panasonic Close Curves Women’s Wet/Dry Electric Shaver from Wal-Mart. I’ve never used an electric shaver, but I think it’s time to give it a shot as I can’t get in the shower any more to remove hair from various body parts and I don’t think Sam should have to shave my pits for me, even though he’s willing to do it (when we stop laughing). The Panasonic hoo-hah, pictured below, will shave my legs, stragglers on my chin, my upper lip, my pits and anything else that’s sprouting hair. And at 67 years of age, trust me ... I find weird stray hairs everywhere.

A superior razor for senior citizens.

We had a visitor about half an hour ago! It was A DELIVERY FROM THE HOSPICE PHARMACY with my two favorite prescription refills … liquid Morphine and extended-release Morphine tablets. I’ve got enough opioids on hand now to get me through the next couple of weeks. I honestly don’t know how I used to survive without Morphine! I only started taking it this year at the end of May when Accord Hospice took charge of my medical care and began providing superior pain relief drugs. Oy … I love my drugs.

I just checked Weather.com and discovered HEAVY AND SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS on the way! They’re just heading into the western edge of the Dallas metro area and should be in Mesquite within the next half-hour to 45 minutes. These are great big “boomers” with extremely heavy rainfall, and they’ll continue to pummel us all night tonight, all day Saturday and even into Saturday night. We also have wind and flash flood warnings. Auntie Em! Auntie Em!

Big news: MY HAIR IS GETTING LONG and I don’t know what the hell to do with it. I haven’t had any real hair on my head for about 35 years … it’s always been cut short, and I’ve been unable to go to a salon for routine services since 2012. Since then I do have a nice stylist who’s been coming to the house to cut my hair twice a year, but my health started deteriorating in January and I can’t shlep myself into the master bathroom for Noelle to cut my hair. I’m bedridden now. So … instead of getting my hair cut I thought I’d do the next-easiest thing: BUY A PACKAGE OF BARRETTES FROM WAL-MART! This is quite a milestone for me as I haven’t worn hair clips or barrettes in my hair since I was probably in my very early 30s, and that was a long, long time ago. I’m ordering a package of 12 Scünci barrettes, tortoise shell color.

Scünci Barrettes for old women with hair on their head.



I need to publish this hoo-hah already and get some sleep. Thank you for reading this and let’s make a pact to forget the goddamn Alamo and remember something worthwhile for a change.

No comments: