Friday, September 28, 2018

It’s been quite a weird day for taste buds around here.

Yo, boys and girls, and a happy Friday night to you and yours! It’s 9:35 p.m. as I write this post … and I’m feeling peppy, cheerful, silly, and fucking annoyed … because Sam just discovered that my hospice C.N.A. screwed up badly when she was here this afternoon for my Friday bathing and hygiene session. Apparently she forgot to shut the valve on my catheter bag after she emptied it … so my catheter had been pouring itself onto the carpeting for six fucking hours! Disturbing, sad, aggravating, sloppy. We’re not happy.

On the plus side, however, an oxygen guru was here this morning in response to Sam’s call about my dead generator that started squirting a high volume of water through the nosepiece of my cannula. I’m pleased to report that my new generator is a lot quieter than the last one (Thank God.) I look forward to using it.



The Howdygram is honored to post the following two masterpieces by Sam Marks, our official staff photographer, which were taken yesterday at sunrise during a nature walk at a park in south Mesquite. They’re gorgeous. Thank you, Sam, for helping your old, bedridden spouse remember what the world looks like … the trees, the sky, and the breathtaking pastel panorama of clouds and sunlight. I want him to shoot some pictures of our house tomorrow when he’s standing at the curb. Stay tuned!


Two beautiful sunrise masterpieces by Sam Marks, the Howdygram’s staff photographer.



It’s been quite a weird day for taste buds around here. The big hoo-hah began this morning with several rounds of sugar-free tropical Popsicles, always consumed in pairs, followed by a couple of teeny-tiny microwaved White Castle cheeseburgers. Later in the day I enjoyed three rolled-up slices of Oscar Mayer Pickle and Pimiento Loaf along with coordinating slices of Kraft American singles. Sam always does an artistic arrangement for me! Plus I also requested diced slices of Mt. Olive Bread & Butter Pickles … because I can’t eat pickles if they’re not cut up. (Seriously.)

A fabulous gourmet treat with flecks of pimiento and sweet pickle.



It’s getting late now so I’d better shut down my MacBook and get some sleep. Thank you for reading this. I’ll be back tomorrow, okay? In the meantime, if you’re hoping to remember the Alamo please do yourself a favor and remember something else instead. It just isn’t worth the trouble.

No comments: