Monday, September 3, 2018

In celebration of Urethra Franklin, I had my catheter changed this afternoon.

I’ll begin my post today with a Happy Labor Day greeting to all my American readers … featuring a sparkly graphic with stupid blinking hoo-hahs that will probably give you an aneurysm if you stare at it too long. Maybe you’d better continue reading my post and scrolling down. Thank you.




Tomorrow I have to call Mobile Vision, the fabulous “traveling” optometrist who comes to your house, does a complete eye exam in your family room and makes expensive glasses for you. I saw a doctor from Mobile Vision back in January and ordered two beautiful pairs of progressive trifocals, one of which I promptly lost in March during an ambulance ride to Baylor Hospital. The other pair, however, which I wear constantly, all of a sudden has a cracked right lens. About a week ago when I was sitting at my computer workstation I got smacked in the face by the plug of a leaping extension cord. Don’t ask me how that happened. It just happened. The plug cracked my right lens, and now, of course, I need another new pair of glasses! Kindly stay tuned for further developments … and look out for low-flying extension cords.



Just a few thoughts on a Monday afternoon. First of all, IN CELEBRATION OF URETHRA FRANKLIN, I really wasn’t expecting this quite so soon … but I had my catheter changed this afternoon during a weeky visit by my hospice nurse. Everything went well, I didn’t kick anybody in the teeth and life is peachy-keen. I suppose enough said about this, the better, so I’ll be spending the rest of my waking hours today asleep on the chaise. (That’s a joke. Get it?) Tomorrow, on the other hand, will be BATHING AND HYGIENE DAY with my hospice C.N.A., who was actually supposed to come today except she had a family emergency.

It’s presently 9:43 p.m., Sam is unconscious on the sofa and I’m trying hard not to be hungry with a nice, soft movie playing in the background. It’s AMELIA (2009) starring Hilary Swank and Richard Gere. Even though we all know how it comes out in the end [uh oh … SPOILER ALERT] it’s still a sweet love story, an adventure story, and the story of a woman with huge teeth and nice clothes. When it’s over I’d like to watch an Andy Hardy movie with Mickey Rooney. I’m thinking Out West with the Hardys (1938) would be a good pick tonight because it’s been an awfully long time since I’ve seen it. I’ve got the entire Andy Hardy series (16 movies) stored on our DVR. (Big deal, right?)

Hilary Swank and Richard Gere in “Amelia.”

One of my favorite Andy Hardy movies. This one co-stars Virginia Weidler.



Thank you, as always, for reading this. If y’all want to remember the Alamo, go ahead. Just remember to shut the lights when you’re done here.

No comments: