Thursday, May 31, 2018

My vitals were peachy-keen today!

Yo, everybody. It’s “day two” of Marcy’s Morphine Mania … but this time I’m taking my 15mg tablet of extended release Morphine with a 10mg Hydrocodone tablet. This should provide maximum opioid pain relief. I’ll keep you posted as I write, okay?



There’s not much going on at Howdygram headquarters today. Our maid is here right now, cleaning the bathrooms and mopping the floors. Sometime later on I’m expecting a visit from a hospice R.N. named Martha, who will bring over a couple of large pill sorters and proceed to organize my medications for the next two weeks. Believe it or not, that will be a HUGE help to me … sometimes it’s not easy to concentrate on all those medications and keep my pill sorter filled … especially since a few of my meds look exactly alike. (Particularly Metoprolol, Allopurinol and Furosemide!) In the meantime, though, I look forward to meeting Martha, I look forward to another nap, and I look forward to finishing my egg foo young tonight at dinner … unless I decide to have batter-dipped fish fillets instead. (I can’t wait to try out our new brand of tartar sauce. It’s the same high-fat crapola they always served at Bob’s Big Boy restaurants in California.)



Ooh, the wait paid off! Last night UPS delivered my new beverages from Wal-Mart … three incredible 12-packs of their fizzy, fruity Sparkling Ice sodas in 17-oz. bottles: Pomegranate Blueberry, Black Raspberry and Crisp Apple. I started with the Black Raspberry, mostly because of the color (MAGENTA!), and I’m presently working on a pale pink bottle of Pomegranate Blueberry. Holy crap, they’re FANTASTIC! All flavors contain real fruit juice and antioxidants, too, which makes them intensely healthy. (Okay, maybe not “intensely.”)

At your earliest convenience I hope you’ll visit Wal-Mart’s website and do a search for “Sparkling Ice.” Thank you.
Sparkling Ice Pomegranate Blueberry fizzy, healthy, sugar-free soda. 



MORPHINE UPDATE. It’s about two hours since I added a 10mg Hydrocodone tablet to my extended release Morphine pain regimen, and so far I’m feeling just fine! No side effects, no headache, no nausea, no nothing. That’s really good news, people. Really, really good news. I want to be able to take as much pain medication as I need, whenever I need it, without getting frantic about side effects. GOD BLESS MORPHINE.



It’s 3:35 p.m., and Martha (my hospice R.N.) just left. I’m pleased to report that today my vitals were peachy-keen … blood pressure 116/65, temperature 97.2°, oxygen level 98%. Martha also filled two big pill sorters for me and said she’d order four drugs that were running low. I absolutely love this.

Sam is conked out on the sofa now, attempting to recharge after several emotionally and physically exhausting days. I’ll let him sleep as long as I can … before I’m ready to shlep back to the chaise lounge and nod off. For now, though, I’m comfortable. And I’ve got two favorite snacks with me … Jif creamy peanut butter and Pepperidge Farm pizza goldfish!

Thank you, therefore, for reading this, and many happy returns of the day to you and yours.

No comments: