Thursday, March 5, 2020

The Howdygram Store is already stuffed with 675 iPhone cases. I just designed another 175.

This is definitely a new one for me. I’d written the first half of a Howdygram post, nodded off for a couple of hours, and when I woke up I realized I must have had my hand on the keyboard because the screen was filled with commas, one afer another, on and on and on … so many that I couldn’t scroll far enough to reach the end of them. Blogger has a nifty auto-save feature, though, so I decided to quit my browser (Safari) and relaunch it, figuring the post should’ve been intact from before my comma key had a cerebral hemorrhage.

WRONG. Everything was gone except for one stinking row of commas, which means I have to start from scratch and try to remember what I wrote the first time. (Frankly, I’m drawing a big fat blank right now.)


In my last post I wanted to show you a few of the new iPhone cases I’ve been designing. Even though The Howdygram Store is already stuffed with iPhone cases — 675 of them! — I’ve got another 175 ready to upload, with more to come. Amazing, right?

The latest designs showcase some of my new luxurious photorealistic foils, interesting patterns and exotic safari prints. All are available with monograms.

Pictured above, here are several of my new designs:
  1. CHEETAH PATTERN ON A SOFT FOIL BACKGROUND | 10 color options
  2. GIRAFFE PATTERN ON A VIVID FOIL BACKGROUND | 10 color options
  3. RATTLESNAKE PATTERN ON A VIVID FOIL BACKGROUND | 12 color options
  4. GIANT BLACK CHEVRONS ON A SOFT FOIL BACKGROUND | 16 color options
  5. GOLD PYTHON PATTERN ON A SOFT FOIL BACKGROUND | 10 color options
  6. GOLD ZEBRA PATTERN ON A VIVID FOIL BACKGROUND | 10 color options
Yesterday Sam announced that he loves design #5 (with a bronze foil background), so I’ll order one for him next time they’re on sale. Zazzle’s sales are amazing … usually 50% off, and usually for one or two days every month.



On Tuesday in a Facebook ad I discovered a tasty new low-carb crunchy snack … QUEVOS EGG WHITE CHIPS. I ordered a five-bag pack from Amazon yesterday, which included three bags of the Sour Cream & Onion flavor and two bags of the Quevos Rancheros flavor. These are more like tiny square crackers than a “chip,” but they’re really good, and I highly recommend them with a favorite dip, such as spinach artichoke dip or maybe guacamole. I’ve actually got guacamole and a container of jalapeño cheddar dip in the fridge right now. I’m in LOW-CARB FANTASYLAND!


When you’re diabetic like yours truly, low-carb crunchy snacks are a gift from heaven. Quevos are also high in fiber and 100% protein, so that’s an unexpected bonus. The only downside? Quevos are too expensive, which is why I’m only awarding four choppers instead of five. You get five 1-oz. bags for $14.95, and a 1-oz. bag is about the same size as those little bags of Fritos we used to get in our lunchboxes. (Even worse, about 25% of the chips are nothing but crumbs at the bottom of the bag.)



That’s it for now, boys and girls. I need another Mickey Rooney fix with a diet root beer and a couple of Hydrocodones.

No comments: