Sunday, April 7, 2019

On Saturday I rediscovered my rib cage.

Okay, okay, okay … I’m fine, everybody. It’s been quite a few days since my last post, but that’s because I needed a brief hiatus to concentrate on uploading my new greeting card designs to The Howdygram Store. I’ve made some decent progress, believe it or not … it only took seven hours to upload the first 12 cards! (I think I mentioned in the past that it’s slow work. Obviously I wasn’t joking about that.) So now it’s 12 down, only 23 more to go …

Here are four of my new designs for your possible interest.
All of my cards are a standard 5" x 7” and printed on heavy, glossy cardstock. White A7-size (5¼" x 7¼") envelopes are included.



EVERYBODY TAKE A DEEP BREATH. It’s Saturday night, a few minutes before midnight, and I’ve been horsing around with my oxygen level since dinner-time. Before I get started, though, here are a few basic stats that you need to memorize: 1) healthy oxygen saturation should be higher than 92%, and the higher the better; 2) I need a cannula 24 hours a day; and 3) even with a cannula, I can’t achieve 92% or better unless my oxygen generator is set at “4 liters” or more.

Unfortunately, when the generator is set to “4” or more my nostrils get irritated by the teeny hurricanes blasting through the cannula, so I have to remove it for a little while until my nose recovers … sometimes for an hour or more. On Saturday even “4” wasn’t enough oxygen for me, so Sam set the generator to “4½” until my poor nostrils were so pissed off they ran screaming one at a time into the back yard. (God. I think I’m hallucinating.)

But at last, glorioski, and hallelujah … the generator is finally back to a comfortable “3 liters,”  my nostrils are rockin’, my oxygen level is 97% … and all’s well! (I could use a Hostess Twinkie, though.)

AN EXCELLENT DEAL ON CANNULAS. I love it when I discover a new website with great prices and free shipping, don’t you? A little while ago, after reading the Mayo Clinic’s recommendation that patients need to replace their cannulas every two or three weeks, I found a fabulous price online for my preferred super-soft flexible cannula style … only $2.85 each from Direct Home Medical (about 65% less than Sam pays for these locally) with free shipping. Better yet, when I order my next one I’ll sign up for auto-ship so I can snag an extra 5% off. OH BOY!
YES, I’M STILL GETTING SKINNY. Guess what! On Saturday I had to lie down flat on my hospital bed to readjust my position and in the process I ACCIDENTALLY REDISCOVERED MY RIB CAGE! In addition to new ribs I also have feet skinny enough to wear normal shoes again (too bad I can’t stand up any more!) and every ring I own slides off my skinny fingers now. Holy crap, right?



Sam wants everybody to see this screen grab of his practically-perfect FICO score! This is actually silly, though, because we don’t need credit. We also don’t borrow money, we don’t owe money, and we live very comfortably on our investments. But 849 is really terrific, and Sam says “thank you” to Experian for the very nice number.


I think I’d better publish this post now and get back to uploading my greeting card artwork. Thank you for reading this!

No comments: