Thursday, April 11, 2019

I spend my days luxuriously now ... eating TV dinners, ice cream and Otter Pops.

Yo, people! It’s late Wednesday night — just a few minutes before midnight — and I thought I’d sneak a little time away from creative projects for The Howdygram Store.

I had a busy day today. My hospice R.N. and C.N.A. were here around 10:30 a.m. for my regular Wednesday checkup and a lovely bath and hygiene session, and I spent the rest of the day working on those aforementioned creative projects and listening to some terrific movies: Fast Company (1938) starring Melvyn Douglas and Florence Rice, and The Ghost and Mrs. Muir (1947) starring Gene Tierney and Rex Harrison.


I’ve been very prolific! On Tuesday I completed the artwork for 26 new mug designs. TWENTY-SIX MUGS! This was an accomplishment that definitely took me by surprise, as I had a great idea for only one new mug and wound up designing more than two dozen. Here are a few of them for your possible interest.
In case you’re wondering (or then, again, maybe not) whatever happened to all the new greeting card designs I was uploading, I still haven’t finished them. Occasionally a person needs a break from an overwhelming project to concentrate on something else. It happens, okay? I’ll get back to work when I finish this Howdygram post.



Hey, can we talk for a few minutes?

It’s been several weeks since I announced my decision to give up on politics completely … national politics, local politics, reading about politics, writing about politics, even thinking about politics. I’m a retired and bedridden old broad under the care of a hospice, doing my best to survive one day at a time, and there’s no room in my life any more for the hysterics, disappointment, unbearable frustration and drama swirling around the repulsive orange menace who lives in the White House. I’m already fighting depression and sadness; I don’t need any additional grief! Giving up on politics has been a joyous life-change for me, because now I can concentrate on important things (Ben & Jerry) and sleep peacefully without nightmares.
I highly recommend testing this for yourself, although those of you who aren’t retired and confined to bed won’t have an easy time of this. I spend my days luxuriously … being “tended to” by hospice personnel, immersed in The Howdygram Store, watching classic movies (romances, comedies, swashbucklers and musicals) eating TV dinners, ice cream and Otter Pops, and playing with Sam. There’s no room for politics any more, and I don’t have the patience for misery and hate. Try it if you can.



This will be a short post today because I have a number of other projects waiting in the wings. In addition to uploading all those new greeting card designs to The Howdygram Store, I also have several emails to answer and at least a dozen old episodes of “Bar Rescue” waiting for me.

Thank you for reading this. Have you remembered the Alamo lately?

No comments: