Monday, November 19, 2018

Prescription refills make me want to blow my brains out.

It’s Sunday morning, 5:34 a.m., and there’s a lot going on at Howdygram headquarters right now! Sam and I are both wide awake — I never fell asleep last night and he’s been up since 3 a.m. — and actively involved in various projects. I’m fine-tuning this Howdygram post, and Sam is doing laundry. (I can see him running around in the back hallway.) I decided not to write a Howdygram post yesterday. Instead, I spent nine hours glued to my iMac workstation … designing my new line of iPhone cases for The Howdygram Store! Woo-hoo! I’ll include a little more detail (with pictures!) down below. Keep reading …



Talk about perfect timing! With Thanksgiving less than a week away, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (the U.S.D.A.) reports that Jennie-O LLC has issued a massive recall of raw ground turkey due to salmonella contamination. We’re talking about 91,388 pounds of meat!

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control first announced an outbreak linked to raw turkey back in July, but even more people have been poisoned since then, and they’re dropping like flies all over the United States. So far the total is at least 164 in 35 states. One person in California has already croaked and 63 more have been hospitalized.

Happy Thanksgiving from the U.S.D.A. It’s a nationwide raw turkey recall!

So far this year the Howdygram has reported three massive salmonella outbreaks in fresh meat products, an unprecented nationwide recall of nearly all frozen vegetables in every state and supermarket chain, and a constant widespread problem with E.coli contamination in fresh lettuce, leafy green vegetables and bagged salads.

If I’ve said it once I’ve said it a thousand times … NOBODY EVER GOT SALMONELLA POISONING FROM CHEETOS!

May you have a safe, bird-free Thanksgiving. Thank you.



I’m pleased to introduce my new line of iPhone cases! I designed 35 cases on Saturday and will spend part of the day on Sunday designing even more. Then I have to: 1) upload the artwork files to my account on Zazzle’s website; 2) set up each design on a product page, one at a time; 3) write a unique title and description for each product; 4) assign the store category; 5) enter ten search engine keywords; and 6) set my requested royalty rate. I receive a 15% royalty for nearly everything in The Howdygram Store marketplace and 20% for greeting cards. Yes, this is all a lot of work and takes a lot of time … but I love it!

A few of my new iPhone cases appear below for your possible interest. They are … 1) three different flannel plaid designs (my favorite is a red/black buffalo check); 2) several swirly abstract watercolor prints; and 3) three solid colored backgrounds (denim blue, charcoal, taupe) with teeny gold foil dots and a round monogram. The denim blue is pictured here. And all of my iPhone cases can be personalized with a name or monogram.


I’ve already got two more design projects planned for The Howdygram Store. First I want to work on a line of iPhone wallet cases, which is like a mini “padfolio” with a magnetic snap closure, a pocket inside the front cover for cash plus slots for an I.D. and a credit card. It’s a very cool product and I can’t wait to start designing! Second will be a line of personalized thank you notes for children. I’ve got several collections of adorable children’s illustrations that would be PERFECT. This is enough creative work to keep me busy straight through the holidays! Whee!



It’s exactly what I want for Hanukkah this year! I just received an email of BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS from the unintentional comedians at Allegro Medical … a box of 100 Prevail Super Absorbent Disposable Underpads for only $51.62 or a box of 100 McKesson Light Disposable Underpads for $25.43. Whoa, if a person isn’t a big pisher they can save a ton of money with McKesson’s product!

It’s ANOTHER BUSY WEEK for your favorite housebound handicapped senior (i.e., yours truly) with regular visits from my hospice C.N.A. (bathing and hygiene) and R.N. (checkups) on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. These ladies are exceptionally efficient, and the entire hoo-hah typically lasts less than 45 minutes. Incidentally, I’m pleased to announce that my pressure sores and the sickening deteriorating skin on the back of my thighs are all completely healed now. Hallelujah! I’M HEALED! (My nurse will continue to check for recurring problems, though, because these are common conditions for bed-bound patients.)

News from “CLUB MEDS”. Sam just filled my two-week pill sorter and ran out of Allopurinol TWO DAYS EARLY. Jesus! Two whole days?! In case you’re interested, the hospice provides all of my prescriptions* at no cost whatsoever and has them delivered by a 24-hour pharmacy based in Fort Worth. However, every refill is only for 15 days at a time, so if you’re not efficient about managing refills you’d probably want to blow your brains out … when you’re not drowning in empty prescription bottles! (*Except insulin.)



Thank you for reading this. Please try your best to remember the Alamo today … even if it’s only for five minutes.

No comments: