Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Do the right thing. Eat a healthy breakfast on Tuesday and remember to vote for Democrats!

Dear Howdygram readers:

If you haven’t already voted, today is Election Day … and it’s your chance to do the right thing. PLEASE VOTE A STRAIGHT DEMOCRATIC TICKET … and let’s take back America! Make plans to get to your polling place early today, and remember to bring along the right I.D.

Thank you.



This will be a brief Howdygram post for a few important reasons: 1) I’m pissed at the hospice pharmacy because they finally delivered my Hydrocodone prescription tonight and, once again, they did NOT send the correct number of pills; 2) I’ve got indigestion; 3) I’m still battling congestion in my chest and a large number of frogs in my throat; 4) I think I might have to use the bedpan again; 5) I’m trying to watch The Mystery of the Wax Museum (1933) starring Lionel Atwill, Glenda Farrell and Fay Wray; and 6) I can’t think of anything else.






You’ll be pleased to know that my hospice R.N. and C.N.A. absolutely love me. My C.N.A. was here on Monday morning for a bathing and general hygiene session and my R.N. showed up a few minutes later to take care of the skin (pressure sores, etc.) on the back of my thighs. The point is, I’m doing much, much better with regard to rolling around more easily in bed, my sores and broken skin are about 85% healed up, I’ve lost a ton of weight, and — best of all! — I finally figured out how to belch-on-demand, which has been one of my life’s goals for at least 55 years.

And I’ll bet you thought I didn’t have an exciting life any more, right?!



It’s Tuesday at 2:13 a.m., and I don’t know what to do with myself, although it’s been a rather pleasant night thus far. I had a nice snack (provided by Sam) when he went to bed at midnight, which included a little package of Buddig chicken lunch meat, one-third of a dry leftover dinner roll, and a small bowl of cole slaw. (If you dunk the roll into the cole slaw the bread is more edible.) I’ve also been enjoying one of my favorite movies, Moonstruck (1987) starring Cher and Nicolas Cage. This was filmed early in Nic Cage’s career when he was still a weirdo with fucked-up teeth and a unibrow. He was wonderful then, long before Hollywood turned him into an overpaid “leading man” who blew fortune after fortune on luxury jets and Elvis memorabilia!

Cher and Nicolas Cage in “Moonstruck.” He was always so wonderful in screwball roles!

Since Veterans Day is coming up on November 11 I’d like to post the following photograph of my father, Herbie, who was stationed in London with the Air Force during World War II. I want to thank my sister, Robin, for posting this photo on her Facebook page. I’d never seen it before … and it’s even in color!

Dad served in the Air Force during World War II and was stationed in London.



Night-night. I’m done.

No comments: