Thursday, November 29, 2018

I design the most adorable luggage tags in the world.

Hello, hello, hello! It’s 10:45 p.m. on a swell Monday night. Sam and I are waiting for a delivery from the hospice pharmacy and watching a cute romantic comedy, Breakfast for Two (1937) starring Barbara Stanwyck, Herbert Marshall and Glenda Farrell. In case you're interested, I'm expecting refills for some of my maintenance drugs ... Amitriptyline, Furosemide, Metoprolol, Gabapentin, Allopurinol and Trazodone. The pharmacy delivers until 1 a.m. (seriously!), so there’s really no way to predict what time they’ll get here.

For your possible interest, here’s a quick rundown of Monday’s activities: 1) my C.N.A. was here at 10:30 for bathing, powdering and general hygiene; 2) my hospice R.N. showed up at noon for a checkup (blood pressure: 106/51) and to monitor the pressure sores and shitty skin on the back of my thighs; 3) I had Asian noodle salad for lunch from Wal-Mart’s deli; and 4) I can’t think of anything else.



Luggage tags! I’ve been designing nonstop for the last two days and I’ll post a few examples for you below. Incidentally, if you’d like to order custom luggage tags for really adorable (and affordable) holiday gifts, they’re 50% off right now at The Howdygram Store’s marketplace on Zazzle.com.



Incidentally, all of these luggage tags include personalization on reverse with your name, address and phone number (see above).

I’ve got another 56 designs that I haven’t uploaded yet, and I’m hoping to wrap that up tomorrow so everything will be online in time for Zazzle’s holiday traffic. It’s time to start shopping, boys and girls! (Thank you for putting up with me.)



Know what? I realized a few days ago that I haven't had my hair cut since September 2017. Holy crap. I had been using a “mobile” stylist named Noelle who would come to our house and cut my hair in the master bathroom due to a gigantic mirror, twin sinks and lots of countertop space. But I haven't called Noelle for quite some time for the following reasons: 1) three hospitalizations this year; 2) my declining physical strength; and 3) the fact that I can’t stand up, walk or even sit up anywhere except my hospital bed in the family room.

I need to publish this post now, because it’s the wee hours of Thursday morning and way overdue! Please say hello to the Alamo for me if you’re in the neighborhood … and thank you for reading this.

No comments: