Sunday, September 27, 2015

Here in America, Mr. Rouhani, we just want to throw up.

Yes, dear readers, it’s me again. I have nothing else to do tonight because I took a nap on the chaise in the family room after dinner with the remote on my stomach and when I woke up the remote had vanished. I’m assuming it fell and wound up under the chaise, but I’m a disabled old lady with a lot of chronic pain and mobility issues who can’t get down on the floor to look for it. Fortunately ... my maid is coming over tomorrow on a pre-arranged visit to check on my general welfare, and remote retrieval will top her list of very urgent things to do. A few other very urgent things are listed below.
  • Bring me two pieces of leftover pizza and two little cups of Jell-O from the refrigerator. Also a teaspoon.
  • Try to find a bag of sugar-free frosted oatmeal cookies in the pantry.
  • Please straighten up the bed but don’t get too carried away.
  • I can’t think of anything else.



I don’t know about you, but I’m definitely enjoying the Howdygram’s “new look.” There’s a rustic/elegant vibe going on now. And I love the wood-textured type in the banner and the softer text color when I swapped charcoal gray for taupe. (Even old ladies needs a makeover once in a while. Humor me.)

For your possible interest I also added four more free fonts to my collection tonight. In case you want any or all of these files I’ll include the links for you below so you can download them for yourself. Enjoy, okay?



Iranian President Hassan Rouhani suggested over the weekend that the Republican presidential candidates were so “laughable” that “the people of Iran look at them as a form of entertainment.” Here in America, Mr. Rouhani, we just want to THROW UP.
“Some of the Republican presidential debates were broadcast live and I would watch it,” Rouhani told CNN’s Christiane Amanpour. “Some of it was quite laughable. It was very strange, the things that they spoke of. Some of them wouldn’t even know where Tehran was in relation to Iran and some wouldn’t know where Iran was geographically, not distinguishing that one is the capital of the other. What they spoke of was quite far away from the truth.”

Rouhani reminded the Republican candidates that the nuclear agreement was not just between the U.S. and Iran, noting that other nations were part of the deal as well. “Can a government become a signatory to an international agreement and then the subsequent government tear it to shreds?” he asked. “This is something that only the likes of Saddam Hussein would do. So, any government that replaces the current government must keep the commitments given by the previous administration.”

Know what? Compared to the Christian fascists in the GOP’s 2016 clown car, Iranian mullahs are a modern, well-educated, civilized people! And you’re in good company, President Rouhani, because Canada, Mexico, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia and more than half of the United States think that America’s GOP is a joke, too. (I personally love the comparison to Sadam Hussein.)



Here’s a really adorable photo that I received a little while ago. Sam enjoyed a nice early morning hike through the Hollywood Hills on Sunday with his pals Leo and John, and Leo (he’s the photographer) sent me this shot for the Howdygram. Sam looks really swell — those spindly little legs and all — and I miss him!
Y’all have a really nice evening, okay?

No comments: