Monday, May 11, 2015

My new senior citizen recipe is so delicious you might have a nervous breakdown.

A slightly-belated Mother’s Day to you and yours from your friends at Howdygram headquarters! I sincerely meant to post the following graphic yesterday but got caught up in a variety of intense Sunday activities that included two naps, not getting hit by a tornado and eating things.


The older I get, the more I crave comfort. Fluffier blankets, softer slippers and food that tastes like what I remember as a kid a few hundred years ago back in the 1950s before my taste buds dropped dead and food manufacturers decided to push profit over quality. (Have you tasted a Hershey bar lately?) Therefore my latest senior citizen recipe is a fast and awesome comfort food you can throw together in three stinking minutes in the microwave: SPEEDY GOO ITALIANO FOR SENIOR CITIZENS WHO LIMP À LA CHEF BOYARDEE. Oh boy, right?

You’ll need the following fancy ingredients: 1) 1½ cups of cooked Ciao Carb pasta rice; 2) one little microwaveable tub of Chef Boyardee mini beef ravioli; and 3) grated parmesan cheese. I always buy the store brand cheese from Wal-Mart because it’s as good as Kraft and half the price. (Feel free to substitute the ravioli with Beefaroni if you want to.)
NOTE: I’m addicted to Ciao Carb pasta rice. About once a week Sam cooks up a double batch and we store it in the fridge in a nice air-tight plastic container. Just simmer two bags in eight cups of water with a teaspoon of salt for about 25 minutes until all the water is absorbed.

So here’s what you do. Smoosh out the pasta rice flat on a nice dinner plate and microwave for two minutes. Heat the Chef Boyardee mini ravioli in its microwaveable container for 90 seconds, pour it over the pasta rice and sprinkle with a big wad of parmesan cheese. THIS IS SO DELICIOUS YOU MIGHT HAVE A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN. It’s also extremely inexpensive because you can buy mini ravioli by the case from Amazon. Ciao Carb pasta rice is available online from Netrition.



And now ... I think I’ll stretch out on the chaise in the family room and grab myself a nice Monday morning nap due to I’m falling asleep at the keyboard and keep dropping my cordless mouse. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: