Saturday, March 9, 2019

I started experiencing those burning bladder spasms again, once or twice every hour.

Happy Friday to y’all from your favorite bedridden blogger … me! It’s 9:30 a.m. and I’m killing a few minutes before my C.N.A. shows up for bath-time. She’s usually here at 10:30. Let’s see how far I can get with this in an hour!

Much to my surprise, Sam is in bed right now! I called out to him a few minutes ago and he didn’t respond, so I tried again and heard a weak little voice in the distance: “I’m in bed. Do you need anything?” I didn’t, and I think he’s still asleep.



I lied. I didn’t order this today, I ordered it on Tuesday, and Amazon delivered it yesterday afternoon. You’re looking at a khaki-color, microfiber fleece twin-size blanket for my hospital bed in the family room, as I’m getting tired of sleeping under a knit afghan all the time. Sam is opening the carton as we speak, so stay tuned.*
This blanket is TERRIFIC! The fabric is so soft you could wrap it around a newborn, although I don’t know yet if it’s warm enough for a shivering senior citizen like yours truly. Sam is ready for his afternoon nap right now so I won’t ask him to “do the honors” until after dinner, but in the meantime, if you’re interested … this blanket comes in about a dozen colors and only costs $18.59. Please click here to take a look.

Incidentally, something interesting was included with the email I received yesterday from Amazon when my blanket was delivered: A PHOTO OF THE PACKAGE SITTING OUTSIDE OUR FRONT DOOR. How cool is that?! At first I didn’t know what I was looking at, because I haven’t been outside of my own house (not counting ambulance rides) for an awfully long time.

However, as soon as I got my bearings and figured out what this was, I asked Sam if our welcome mat is really as shitty as it looks in this picture, and he said yes … so I ordered a new 18" x 30" mat for the front door at Howdygram headquarters. Sunday delivery is expected.


All of a sudden I’m not having a very good day. It’s about 8:30 Friday night, and after a three-day reprieve I started experiencing those fucking BURNING BLADDER SPASMS again, once or twice every hour. Just when I thought my new medication (Ditropan) was actually working, I know now it was probably just wishful thinking. And these new spasms are probably 50% stronger than the spasms two weeks ago. This is absolutely awful, people.

I guess my last resort for pain relief (not counting Hydrocodone) would be lemon meringue pie and an MGM musical. I’d love something with Judy Garland … maybe Meet Me in St. Louis (1944) or Easter Parade (1948). I’ve got both movies stored on our DVR. (The pie, of course, is in the fridge.)
In addition to burning bladder spasms I’m also dealing with an ITCHY BACK and ELECTRIC SHOCKS from diabetic neuropathy in both feet and A BRUISE ON THE BRIDGE OF MY NOSE from wearing an old pair of trifocals. (My glasses broke about nine days ago. I’m expecting a replacement pair from EyeBuyDirect on Tuesday.)



Sleep would be awfully nice right now. Thank you for reading this, and let’s all remember the Alamo for a couple of minutes, okay?

No comments: