Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Mazel tov to me. I’m not nauseated tonight.

The best laid plans, right?

TUESDAY, 3:08 P.M., 12/24/2019. Sometime before sun-up this morning I began to have digestive difficulties, including nausea and being unable to swallow, and eventually I passed out with a bowl under my chin. When my C.N.A. arrived at 9:30 for my bath and hygiene session, Sam briefly woke me up to find out if I was interested … but I wasn’t. I was still nauseated and still miserable. Next thing I know it’s almost 3 p.m., Sam had to cancel our new “senior sitter,” and he never had a chance to spend an afternoon at the arboretum. I fucked up EVERYTHING today! As soon as the nausea subsides — and I warm up a little (I’ve been shivering) — I’ll let Sam give me a nice bath.*

A nice bath? Fat chance. I conked out immediately after typing the previous paragraph and slept until 10 p.m. When I finally woke up my diaper was flooded, I was moaning from bladder spasms and mild nausea (still), and I was freaked out due to not knowing what day it was. I’m so tired of this crazy shit!





WEDNESDAY, 11:03 A.M., 12/25/2019. Merry, merry, everybody! Sam just drove over to Wal-Mart to buy me a large bottle of Mylanta for Christmas, and know what? He said WAL-MART ISN’T OPEN TODAY! Holy crap! Seriously?

However, even though it’s Christmas Day my hospice was still open and still taking care of patients, because my C.N.A. showed up at 9:30 a.m. to give me a wonderful bath and hygiene session … plus a little unexpected bad news. Leticia says I have several blisters on my butt and the back of my thighs that are ready to turn into pressure sores, and she treated them with a miracle barrier cream. We have to avoid pressure sores at all costs. I’ve had them before, and they’re truly HORRIBLE.

Because I’m having a difficult time staying awake today (I just lost another 10 hours to an unexpected nap) I think I’d better publish this Howdygram post and watch a movie with Sam. We’re all set to go with A Christmas Carol (1938) starring Reginald Owen, which I recorded yesterday on TCM. This is our favorite version of Dickens’ classic. Almost makes a person want to eat roast goose and chestnuts with Bob Cratchett! (Mazel tov to me. I’m not nauseated tonight!)

Thank you for reading this. Please remember the Alamo, okay?

No comments: