Saturday, December 28, 2019

We had a neighborhood power outage late this afternoon.

Yo, and a happy Saturday night to you and yours. It’s almost 8:30 p.m., Sam is asleep on the sofa, and I thought I’d tell you about our day, which has been seriously eventful. I’ve decided to use neatly subtitled paragraphs for you. Proceed at your own risk. Thank you.

IT’S BEEN A DARK AND GLOOMY DAY. In fact, it was so dark here today that when Sam opened the blinds so the family room would get brighter he actually made it WORSE. No kidding, it was terrible around here. And yes, we had some rain.

WE HAD A NEIGHBOHOOD POWER OUTAGE LATE THIS AFTERNOON. It wasn’t caused by severe weather (because we didn’t have any), but our power shut down around 4:25 this afternoon and eventually came back on at 5:30. Even though an hour isn’t a very big deal for most people, in our house it’s a major emergency because I use oxygen 24/7… and when the power goes out Sam has to shlep huge steel battery-operated oxygen canisters out of the closet in the spare bedroom and figure out how to hook me up in the dark. In case you’re interested, batter-operated canisters don’t deliver oxygen as well as an electric concentrator and sometimes only last about 20 minutes before you have to hook up another one. We have a dozen large steel battery-operated tanks in the closet. For a prolonged power outage we have to contact the oxygen company’s emergency hotline and they’ll deliver a truck full of tanks in about 45 minutes. (That’s what they had to do last time, when our power was out for eight hours.)

SAM HAD TO RETURN TWO CONTAINERS OF HOT AND SOUR SOUP to China City this evening because it was COMPLETELY TASTELESS. I ate one container for dinner and complained to Sam afterwards that my dead taste buds have finally ruined my favorite soup. He tasted it and told me not to blame my taste buds … the soup WAS terrible! It wasn’t hot, it wasn’t sour … IT HAD NO FLAVOR AT ALL. So he drove both containers back to China City and asked for a refund because whoever made today’s batch of soup left out every key ingredient. Blecch!



If it’s all right with you, I think I’ll shut this down now, publish my post, and settle in for a long winter’s nap. It’s barely past 11 p.m. and I’m pooped.

Thank you for reading this. I have very little interest in the Alamo tonight, but if you want me to remember it I’ll do my best. Seriously.

No comments: