Sunday, September 29, 2019

Mister Sam of Beverly Hills was supposed to give me a haircut today.

Hi-de-ho, everybody … notice the big change up above in the Howdygram’s banner? I’ve been somewhat unwell for the last couple of days (details follow) so I decided to amuse myself with a new “look” and new graphics. If you’re not thrilled, hang in there. You’ll get used to it eventually.



The time is 3:59 a.m. and I’m shivering in my hospital bed with an insanely low body temperature of 94.3°. I feel like a dead mackerel. Unfortunately, that’s only one of my many complaints right now. The others include: 1) an upset stomach; 2) allergy symptoms; 3) severe constipation*; 4) I can’t stop sleeping; 5) an itchy face; 6) I’m sick of wearing a cannula; and 7) I desperately need a haircut, and my all-time favorite hairdresser — Mister Sam of Beverly Hills — has agreed to give me a trim this afternoon! Sam is surprisingly not too bad with a scissors … although my standards for a good haircut aren’t quite what they used to be. (I’m happy if he can lop off two or three inches without making me look like Moe Howard.)

With regard to ITEM 3 (above), I’m pleased to report that I finally experienced relief this morning shortly before sunrise. Click here to send a congratulatory email. Thank you. You may now feel free to unfasten your seat belts and move about the cabin.



If you’re finding it difficult to keep up with the all the late-breaking impeachment news in Washington these days, I strongly suggest that you check out The Palmer Report, a left-leaning anti-Trump blog with amazing insight, juicy news, humor when appropriate and nicely-written short articles that Sam and I couldn’t live without. I recommend that you bookmark this site and make it a regular habit to drop in two or three times a day, because there are at least a dozen new posts to read every eight hours, including the texts of Dear Leader’s seriously deranged (and misspelled) tweets. Great stuff!



It’s taken me all damn day to write this measly little post because I CAN’T STOP SLEEPING. It’s already 10:15 p.m. and I just woke up from another six-hour nap to discover that I missed dinner, missed my dinnertime prescription meds, and I didn’t even get the haircut Sam promised me! Sleep has become an Olympic sport around here. Truth be told, however, now I’m faced with having to wake Sam from his nap (he’s on the sofa) so I can get something to eat. I’m starving!

Thank you for reading this. Remember the Alamo.

No comments: