Sunday, March 25, 2018

Thank you for putting up with my baloney all week.

SUNDAY, 4:05 A.M., 3/25/2018. Greetings and salutations! I’m pleased to wrap up my week at Baylor Hospital with this friendly “farewell post” from room 204. I just realized how come this morning has already been different from the seven days preceding it … NOBODY STOPPED BY TO DRAW BLOOD. And thank God for that, because my only visible veins are on the tops of my hands and there’s not a single spot left to inject a needle. I’ve also still got an I.V. on the top of my right forearm. (It was installed in the E.R. when I first got here.)

My “vital signs” this morning were excellent ... blood pressure 102/66, temperature 97.8°, oxygen 97. It sure doesn’t get more perfect than THAT, right?



I think I might go back to sleep for a little while even though there are a pair of very superior movies coming up on TCM this morning! They are The Scarlet Empress (1934) starring Marlene Dietrich and Sam Jaffe, and The Eagle and the Hawk (1932) starring Fredric March and Cary Grant. I’m already recording these at home, though, so it’s not the end of the world if I sleep through them here!

Thank you for putting up with my baloney all week and thank you for reading this.

No comments: