Friday, April 21, 2017

I tweezed my eyebrows today.

Following seven-and-a-half hours of glorious, uninterrupted sleep last night, it’s my pleasure to welcome y’all to the Howdygram. Know what? I’m always amazed by how swell a person can feel after a good night’s sleep! And instead of shlepping myself directly into the study to check email and take my standard handful of morning meds, I chose instead to start my day (at 11:45 a.m.) with a nice hot shower, my favorite body wash, a fluffy shampoo and a fresh bathrobe. I EVEN TWEEZED MY EYEBROWS. I love being retired!
Incidentally, the body wash mentioned in the previous paragraph is Wal-Mart’s “Equate” store brand, pictured above, in the Coconut Milk & Jasmine scent. This shit is FANTASTIC, people, and makes your skin smell and feel amazing. Thank you.




Oliver will be here at 4 p.m., only two hours from now. In case you’ve forgotten — or haven’t had a chance to read my last Howdygram post — he’s the excellent dude from Half-Price Geeks who’s coming over to set up our new iMacs and help me get started with Adobe Creative Cloud, and he even happens to be the exact same excellent dude they sent me a few months ago to clean up a pile of viruses and install anti-virus software. Oliver and I are old pals now.



It’s 12:40 a.m. on Friday morning, and I thought I’d share an iMac installation update before I take my bedtime meds and hit the sack.

Oliver was here for MORE THAN SIX HOURS tonight, resulting in a final invoice of $675.20 to install our new iMacs, transfer files, help me download and set up my new Adobe Creative Cloud software, and so on. He also “wiped” (erased and reformatted) the hard drives on both old Macs and took the computers to donate them. It took FOREVER. Sam conked out on the sofa in the family room while I kept Oliver company in the study.

Everything turned out fine. My only “issues” include: 1) I will probably want a bigger keyboard than the teeny little wireless thing that came with my iMac; 2) for some reason none of the events on my calendar transferred onto my new computer; and 3) the learning curve for Adobe Creative Cloud will be ENORMOUS. Let’s hope I can find some good YouTube tutorials!

As always, thank you for reading this.

No comments: