Sunday, June 3, 2018

This has been quite a day here, relatively-speaking!

Sam and I have to get synchronized. He went shopping at Wal-Mart before I woke up this morning … which means I didn’t have a chance to to print the neatly-typed grocery list I’d prepared for the occasion, and that he only remembered to buy everything HE needed. At this point in time, therefore, we’re still missing all of the following:

•  A pint of sour cream
•  Sugar-free Jell-O cups
•  Jumbo hamburger buns
•  Cool Whip
•  Great Value blue packets sweetener (4 boxes)
•  Great Value batter-dipped fish fillets
•  Grilled (and hermetically sealed) chicken breasts

For your possible interest, Great Value is Wal-Mart’s store brand, and we buy Great Value products all the time here at Howdygram headquarters … including items like ketchup, frozen steak fries, olives, potato chips and snacks.



This has been quite a day here, relatively speaking! First we heard from my cousin Karen in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, who called to talk about my health situation, family issues with her dad (my father’s younger brother) and miscellaneous other hoo-hahs. It was awfully good to hear Karen’s voice! And then immediately thereafter Sam and I spoke to his sweet Aunt Brenda in Northridge, California. It was a lovely 45-minute call, during which we had a chance to talk about my health situation (I honestly didn’t think it was very interesting until today!), what’s new with her and Uncle David and hear all about plans for their 50th wedding anniversary next year. It was awfully good to hear Brenda’s voice, too!

It’s 5 p.m. now, and I’m watching The Best Years of Our Lives (1946) starring Fredric March, Myrna Loy and Dana Andrews.

Theresa Wright, Dana Andrews, Myrna Loy and Fredric March in “The Best Years of Our Lives.”

As soon as this is over (maybe 30 minutes from now) I’ve got a couple episodes of “The People’s Court” waiting in the wings plus a variety of other movies I’d like to see, such as Petticoat Fever (1936) starring Myrna Loy and Robert Montgomery … an adorable screwball comedy that takes place in an isolated wireless shack in Labrador. (Best scene in the movie: Otto Yamaoka, Iris Yamaoka and Bo Ching in a hilarious Eskimo “floor show.”)

Robert Montgomery and Myrna Loy in “Petticoat Fever.”



And now it’s time to mosey back to the chaise lounge, wrap my paws around a fresh glass of soda with ice and answer a few emails. Also it might be nice to fall asleep for a while — a long while — because I’ve got a headache brewing in the background. It happens sometimes when I mix extended release Morphine and Hydrocodone. With chronic pain like mine, I’m a one-woman opioid crisis.

Thank you for reading this … and have yourself a thoroughly swell Sunday night, okay?

No comments: