Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Peculiar movies are part of tonight’s entertainment, including “Callaway Went Thataway” with Howard Keel.

It’s 8:45 Wednesday night, and this is the first chance I’ve had all day to write a Howdygram post. Here’s a breakdown of today’s activities for your possible interest.

SLEEPING LATE, SORT OF. I can’t remember exactly what time I woke up this morning, but I think it was shortly before 10 a.m., because that’s when we were expecting my hospice aide, Letitia, to show up … but she didn’t. I conked out, Sam started calling around to find out what happened, and eventually, three hours later, a sweetheart named Roticia (no kidding) knocked on the front door. Apparently there’d been a scheduling change, and Roticia is my new aide. And around 1:30 this afternoon she started giving me a bath. It was truly fabulous.

SKIPPING LUNCH. I decided not to eat anything today, mostly due to being more tired than hungry for a change. There’s not much left to say about this. It happens.

ROBIN. ROBIN. ROBIN. Take a guess who called tonight ... MY LITTLE SISTER! It was so good to hear Robin’s voice that I almost started crying. Oh my God, I’ll never stop being thankful that we finally repaired our relationship last year! I love Robin to pieces … and that’s a sibling “love affair” that started early, judging from the following old family photo!

The Lutz girls — Marcy and Robin — circa 1955. I’m the angel on the left.

A SLIGHTLY CRAPPY DINNER. Don’t blame Sam … I asked for leftover chicken noodle soup, and that’s exactly what I got. (I think I really wanted egg foo young.)

PECULIAR MOVIES ARE PART OF TONIGHTS ENTERTAINMENT. Tonight’s titles have included: Callaway Went Thataway (1951) starring Howard Keel, Fred MacMurray and Dorothy McGuire; Union Pacific (1939) starring Barbara Stanwyck, Robert Preston and Joel McCrea; Henry Goes Arizona (1939) starring Frank Morgan and Virginia Wiedler; and The Love Parade (1929) starring Jeanette MacDonald and Maurice Chevalier in a fun, risqué pre-code Ernst Lubitsch musical.

Jeanette MacDonald and Maurice Chevalier in “The Love Parade.”



I had a decent Morphine day today, and I seem to be adjusting nicely to the new higher dose I started taking a couple of days ago. That’s good news, too, because I really want to try walking to the study again … if I can. Tomorrow for sure, people. Tomorrow for sure.

It’s presently 10:30 p.m., and I think I’d better eat something (a chicken lunch meat sandwich on white bread sounds good) with sugar-free Jell-O and Cool Whip for dessert, and I can then haul myself back to the chaise lounge for an hour or two of TV with Sam.

Thank you for reading this. If you haven’t remembered the Alamo lately, please give it a shot!

No comments: