Friday, June 1, 2018

If you’d like to remember the Alamo, please be quick about it. Thank you.

I’m not having a pleasant evening tonight. I guess you could say I’m feeling generally BLECCHY, and Sam is monitoring my temperature for changes and abnormalities. Earlier today it was a “normal” 97.2°, by the time I ate dinner it had dropped to 96.5°, and right now, at 9 p.m., it’s 95°. That’s awfully LOW! Fortunately, though, I don’t have to go anywhere or do anything tonight … I can just lie here on the chaise lounge and let Sam fuss over me! I’m watching a World War II movie by John Ford called December 7th (1943) starring Walter Huston, Dana Andrews and Harry Davenport. It’s a semi-documentary and not especially riveting so far, but it’s only “background noise” while I work on this Howdygram post so I’m willing to overlook that.



Tomorrow I’m planning to call my hospice R.N. (Martha) to request a stronger dose of extended release Morphine. Last night I started taking 15mg twice a day, but that’s really not providing enough pain relief for me … even when I take an occasional 10mg Hydrocodone tablet with it. My chronic pain is intense enough to warrant 20 or 25mg of Morphine, so I’ll ask Martha to present my request to the supervising M.D. tomorrow. They have a hospice pharmacy that fills and delivers prescriptions almost 24 hours a day. As a matter of fact, last night my first Morphine prescription showed up at 9:30 p.m. in the dark!



Our new 3' x 10' carpet runner (pictured at right) was delivered today. At last, I’ll be able to use my walker to shlep across the stone floor in the back foyer to get from the family room to the study! I had a brainstorm about this when I was in the hospital last week. I’ve been unable to walk to the study for months because my walker, which is on wheels, has zero traction on a stone floor. So I’m positive this brilliant little strip of carpet will be the answer … and tomorrow I’m determined to try it out! Stay tuned, okay?



It’s 10:23 p.m. and I’m watching one of my favorite childhood movies: Flipper (1963), starring Chuck Connors and Luke Halpin ... every pre-teen girl’s HEART-THROB! I was 12 years old at the time and hopelessly in love with Luke Halpin, just like every other girl in my sixth grade class. Check him out below. Was he adorable, or what?

Pre-teen heart-throb Luke Halpin ... star of “Flipper.”
I’m hoping to wake Sam within the next hour or so. He’s been asleep on the sofa almost all day! I need a couple of sugar-free Jell-O cups, a nice big glass of Clear American soda, and my night-time medications (a pile of pills and an insulin injection). And at that point I guess I’ll be ready for some serious sleep.

Thank you for reading this, and if you’d like to remember the Alamo please be quick about it!

No comments: