Sunday, May 6, 2018

Pleasant Sunday entertainment: “Rosemary’s Baby” and a lot of Hydrocodone.

Yo, everybody ... I’ve had another achy, shitty, disgusting day. Therefore I decided to cheer myself up by watching Rosemary’s Baby, that creepy horror movie from 1968 starring Mia Farrow and John Cassavetes, followed by a large dose of Hydrocodone for the pain, a two-hour nap, and a lovely feast from China City. The aforementioned “lovely feast” included Tofu Tempura, Steamed Dumplings with hot chili sauce and Scallop Egg Foo Young. Dinner was accompanied by A Few Good Men (1992) starring Demi Moore, Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson.

In case you’re wondering why today was achy, shitty and disgusting, let me clarify this for you in one word: MY GODDAMN TOE. (Okay, fine ... three words.) I’ve been totally miserable since I woke up this morning and I can’t get comfortable no matter where I sit or what I do … unless, of course, I’m lying down on the chaise in the family room. I promised Sam I’d call a new podiatrist tomorrow for a “second opinion,” because clearly the doctor who’s been overseeing my care hasn’t been able to diagnose what’s going on. The baby toe on my left foot is purple, deformed, severely painful and absolutely NOT NORMAL no matter how you look at it.

Presently, however, Sam and I are watching Bulworth (1998) starring Warren Beatty and Halle Berry. This is a really weird, funny and different movie … and it’s about politics. If you’ve never seen it, give yourself a treat, okay? (It’s especially relevant now that we’ve got the Manhattan orangutan living in the White House.)

Warren Beatty in “Bulworth.”



I’m afraid this will be another abbreviated post, mostly because I’m in a little too much pain tonight to be funny or creative. At this point I just want a handful of pills, my bedtime insulin injection and seven hours of uninterrupted sleep because Elite Mobile Dental will be here at 8 a.m. tomorrow to start over with a new round of impressions and then, two weeks from now, another stab at a lower denture. (I’ll believe it when I see it. The last two lower dentures they made were ATROCIOUS.)

Thank you for your support. Please cross your bicuspids and let’s hope for the best.

No comments: