Monday, May 14, 2018

Lower dentures, round two.

I hadn’t planned to start another post until after dinner tonight, but what the hell … I’ll give it a shot now instead! It’s about 15 minutes past noon and I’m watching the silent version of Don Juan (1926) starring John Barrymore, Myrna Loy and Mary Astor. Frankly, this is boring as hell and I don’t think I’ll be able to stand it much longer. Meh!



Ah ... progress at last! A few minutes ago I finally heard back from Kendall, the office manager at Elite Mobile Dental, who apologized for their unannounced visit last Wednesday and for all the specific points I made in my email [see earlier post]. He’ll have the dentist come back again with my lower denture, make any adjustments I might need, and I’ll also be entitled to two more “free” adjustment visits. Everybody please keep your fingers crossed that I’ll get used to wearing a lower denture, because: 1) lowers are way more difficult to wear than uppers; 2) I can’t eat very well without one; and 3) lowers always require adhesive … and I hate adhesive!

Kindly stay tuned for updates as they become available but please feel free to resume your normal activities in the meantime. Thank you.



On the odd chance that you’re not sick to death of my health complaints yet, allow me to fill you in on the latest. My goddamn left foot is still making me miserable with the following issues: 1) a screaming, badly deformed baby toe; 2) a large recurring blister on my heel; 3) plantar fasciitis; and 4) burning skin on the sole from diabetic neuropathy. Trust me, there aren’t enough painkillers in the world to help me tolerate any of this! However, there is some good news to report. My HouseCalls nurse practitioner prescribed a lower dose of Lasix for me, and it was a FANTASTIC IMPROVEMENT today. I’m sure you’ll never know how wonderful it feels not to pee all over the floor for a change!



The big movie du jour here at Howdygram headquarters is Hans Christian Andersen (1952) starring Danny Kaye … one of my favorite movies of all time, because who doesn’t love Danny Kaye?! ALL of his movies are unforgettable, I guess, but this one is especially terrific due to the songs, especially “Wonderful, Wonderful Copenhagen” (my personal favorite) and “Thumbelina.”

Danny Kaye in “Hans Christian Andersen.” Oy, does anybody NOT love Danny Kaye?

Here for your possible interest is a video clip of Danny singing “Wonderful, Wonderful Copenhagen.” Join in if you know the words, okay? I first learned them in eighth grade with the Old Orchard Junior High School chorus.





I need to spend about half an hour filling my weekly pill organizer right now, then it’s time for another movie and probably a crunchy snack of one kind or another … because it’s already after 9 p.m. and I just realized I never had any dinner. Horrors! NOBODY SHOULD EVER MISS DINNER! Holy shit, I lead such a deprived life! (That’s a JOKE, people.)

Thank you for reading this, and the Alamo can just go to hell already. I’m sick of remembering it.

No comments: