Thursday, May 31, 2018

Know what? I’ve been in “creative withdrawal” mode for an awfully long time.

Good evening, boys and girls. It’s 8:30 Thursday night, we’re watching The Saint in London (1939) starring George Sanders, and I’m enjoying a two-scoop dose of pain medication … 15mg of extended release Morphine and 10mg of Hydrocodone.

Yes, friends … your favorite blogger — yours truly — loves her opioids!



Tomorrow, if all goes well, I’m hoping to shlep myself into the study for the first time in weeks and weeks. I guess you could say I’ve been in “creative withdrawal” mode for an awfully long time, and I’ve got a growing collection of fabulous ideas for greeting cards and clever mugs for The Howdygram Store. Unfortunately, I probably don’t have enough time to design and upload any 2018 Father’s Day cards. Maybe next year …



My hospice agenda for tomorrow includes one visit … from my adorable nursing aide, Letitia, who shows up every other day (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) for bathing and basic hygiene. (Mine, not hers.) I’m wondering, though, when I’ll see a hospice R.N. again to treat the ulcer on the bottom of my left heel. I thought the schedule was supposed to be the same as Letitia’s, but so far I’ve only had one treatment with no mention of any upcoming appointments whatsoever. I’ll call Accord tomorrow to find out what’s what … and then I can relax and let everybody else worry about this!



Know what? Starting tomorrow we’ll be able to provide a door key for our frequent hospice visitors and medical professionals in case Sam won’t be home to let them in … we bought ourselves a fancy KEY STORAGE LOCK BOX for the front door. The same gadget that realtors use! Amazon has an enormous variety (at an enormous variety of prices), and some can even be painted to match your front door in case you’re a lunatic. The unit we bought (see below) holds up to four keys and costs $13.99. Ours is white.

Our new Lion Locks key storage lock box. Just like realtors use!

Personally, I think the lock box is a fabulous idea. We can set up to 10,000 different four-digit combinations, and the unit is sturdy, made of solid steel and gets excellent user reviews. We decided to order one at the recommendation of our hospice administrator so Sam won’t have to be “chained” to the house on days when I have appointments with my nurses and nursing aides. With a lock box on the front door he can run his own errands and not worry about who’s available to let my visitors in. Actually … I’m hoping that one day, God willing, I’ll be strong enough to answer the front door myself!



It’s already 11 p.m. and time to wrap this up for tonight even though it would be fun to continue typing for another hour or two. In the meantime, thank you for reading this and thank you for giving a crap about me. If you’d like to remember the Alamo, please take a few minutes right now to do so … but be quick about it so I can shut down my MacBook and get some sleep.

No comments: