Thursday, March 15, 2018

Mentally ill emails, round two.

Good evening, boys and girls. It’s me — Marcy — and I’m writing to you with gleeful hysteria (and two little cups of sugar-free Jell-O) from my new favorite location in the family room ... now that I’ve got my new MacBook Pro! No kidding, this is one of the most wonderful things that’s ever happened to me ... not counting the discovery of pre-cooked pasta in a microwaveable pouch. Don’t forget that I’m a handicapped senior citizen with all kinds of mobility issues, so it’s heaven being able to write a Howdygram post after dinner without shlepping back into the study to use my desktop Mac. (It takes forever to haul myself from room to room around here. You never realize how big your house is until you can’t walk any more.)
My only MacBook “issue” so far involves email setup ... a frustrating and overly-complicated process that’s made me crazy for decades. This time, though, as soon as I finished establishing my email account on the MacBook, MORE THAN FIVE THOUSAND EMAILS dating back to October 2016 flooded into my laptop’s inbox! Sam told me not to bother deleting anything, though, because they’ll most likely “synch” overnight and disappear by themselves ... whatever that means. (I’ll trust him on this one. Sam usually isn’t wrong about anything.)

MENTALLY ILL EMAILS, ROUND TWO. Apparently most of those emails on my MacBook were a dump from my desktop iMac in the study, because this morning the entire contents of my inbox were missing! New emails are showing up (thank God) on my iMac, so I won’t worry about it. Tonight after dinner when I start working on tomorrow’s Howdygram post  (with my MacBook) I’ll take a few minutes to delete several thousand emails. Holy shit.

I couldn’t resist this. Take a look at the three most influential men in American government ... Curly, Moe and Larry!

It’s 11 p.m., and I’m watching another Thin Man movie (see yesterday’s post) ... this time, The Thin Man Goes Home (1944) starring, of course, William Powell and Myrna Loy. And once again, Sam is unconscious next to me on the sofa. Therefore I think this would be an ideal time to post a few more Yiddish vocabulary words!

We’ll start our vocabulary words today with epes, which means something. Can be used in a sentence for emphasis: “epes a meshuga.” Or, really a crazy guy. Next, es, which means eat. Es, mayn kind! Eat, my child! And finally, farbisene, which means bitter or sourpuss. Hey, If you’ve been dazzling your friends and relatives with your thrilling new language skills, shoot me an email … or stand up and shout oy!

I just found out that my eye doctor isn’t coming over today after all. I called Mobile Vision about an hour ago to find out what time Dr. Munson would be here, and the receptionist told me that his patient load changed and I’ve been rescheduled for Saturday, March 24. This is no large deal whatsoever, but it sure would have been nice if they’d call to let me know! Sheesh!



And now I think it’s time to design a few more greeting cards for The Howdygram Store. Thank you for reading this … and happy Ides of March!

No comments: