Thursday, October 29, 2015

I’m loaded with fever germs today so why don’t you just drop off a big bag of snacks at the front door.

I hope Thursday is starting off better for YOU than for ME, because I’ve still got that fever hoo-hah going on. It was 101.2° when I woke up this morning at 4:45 to pish, and even though it’s down a little now I still feel like TOTAL CRAP. Other symptoms include no appetite, watery eyes and an overwhelming desire to watch my favorite David Niven movies, which is a good thing because I’ve got several to choose from on our DVR. These include Bachelor Mother (1939) with Ginger Rogers, Please Don’t Eat the Daisies (1960) with Doris Day and Around the World in 80 Days (1956). I’d invite you to come over and watch with me, but I’m loaded with fever germs today so why don’t you just drop off a big bag of snacks at the front door and we’ll call it a day.


Sam is going to Costco this morning for a trunkload of our favorite whatnots, such as teeny tacos, chicken flautas, spicy guacamole cups, Cape Cod chicken salad with smashed cranberries, sliced roast beef and a box of teeny frozen “spankopita” (Greek spinach pies). And I think I also just pestered him into driving through In-N-Out Burger for a Double-Double. (In-N-Out is in the same parking lot as Costco.) Because why the hell not, right?


Goyim from coast-to-coast should take a look at Country Door’s extremely gentile Christmas quilts, pillow shams, fake reindeer, gigantic lit-up ornament light fixtures, little sleighs and ritzy presents tied with burlap ribbon. As a Jewish person I’ve always been secretly envious of Christmas decorations and I love the look of this room (see below).
Thank you for reading this.

No comments: