Tuesday, November 25, 2014

This is the “Judi-Denchiest” haircut I’ve had in years.

Holy crap, everybody ... I LOVE MY HOUSE CALL HAIR STYLIST! Noell’s visit only lasted 19 minutes from start to finish today but this is the “Judi-Denchiest” haircut (that’s Judi Dench in the teeny photo at right) I’ve had in YEARS, and I’m so excited I’ve been shopping around online for a cheap but effective styling wax so I can get some spiky things going on. Years ago I used a nice little product by American Crew but their prices are OUTRAGEOUS now, and since I never leave the house I really can’t justify blowing $18 on a little tin of pomade so I can sit on the sofa with cute hair and watch a Myrna Loy movie. Therefore I think I’ve finally settled on FX Molding Wax because it’s only four bucks online from Wal-Mart and I’ll be able to piggyback it with my next order for pickles and toilet paper.



A couple of weeks ago I used a $50 Foody Direct gift certificate to order kishka and latkes from Kenny & Ziggy’s Deli in Houston, and now that everything has been consumed I thought it might be helpful to post a Howdygram product review. Basically, I can sum up my thoughts in a word: OVERPRICED AND NOT WORTH IT. (Okay, that’s five words. Shut up.)
Kenny & Ziggy’s charges $18.95 for two squat little pieces of kishka (exactly as shown) and $39.95 for two dozen average-size under-seasoned latkes with half-pints of applesauce and sour cream. That’s a grand total of $58.90 — not counting $9.95 shipping — for what’s essentially just a GREASY BEDTIME SNACK. We were not very impressed in any way whatsoever, although the packaging was nice and I’ve always been very fond of sour cream.



Just in the time for the heaviest travel week of the entire year it looks like most of the United States is facing shitty weather for Thanksgiving. There’s a nor’easter in the forecast for 30 million people from North Carolina to Maine that includes heavy rain for the south and substantial snow in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and points north; snow from late Tuesday to Thursday in Minneapolis, Chicago and most of the Upper Midwest; and heavy rain in the Pacific Northwest.

The best spot in the country is RIGHT HERE IN NORTH TEXAS, where we’re expecting a side dish of spring weather with our turkey and stuffing. See for yourself!
I’m ready for another nap now. Try to hold the noise down for a couple of hours, okay?

No comments: