Sunday, November 9, 2014

Grab a beer and a knockwurst ... let’s celebrate the 25th birthday of everybody kicking down the Berlin Wall!

You know what’s a huge and stupid waste of time? Spending a day and a half redesigning all the graphics in the Howdygram including the banner (four times), eventually deciding you hate everything you did and then switching it back to exactly the way it looked in the first place. At the moment I feel discombobulated, disappointed and unproductive after blowing practically two whole days on this pointless horseshit. Worse yet, I DIDN’T WRITE ANY HOWDYGRAM POSTS because I can’t wear “designer” and “blogger” hats at the same time. Also, I hate hats.

I’m glad that crap is over. It’s great to be back.



Grab a beer and a knockwurst ... let’s celebrate the 25th birthday of everybody kicking down the Berlin Wall!
Originally constructed as a cheesy fence thrown together in the middle of the night on August 13, 1961, the Berlin Wall divided East and West Germany to prevent East Germans from leaving the Soviet-occupied country for the capitalist west. Over the years the fence became a really hideous pile of concrete and the primary symbol of the Cold War. Not to mention a shitload of graffiti.

When the East German government announced on November 9, 1989, that its citizens could move into the west, Germans on both sides dismantled the wall with a lot of fanfare, parties and shopping. East and West Germany reunified into one state less than a year later. They are very famous for their nice cars and sausages.


It’s 8:30 a.m. on a brisk and sunny Sunday morning, and because I only had two stinking hours of sleep last night (don’t ask) I think I might have to lie down for a while and watch a movie. God willing I’ll be back later to write another Howdygram post, okay? I have to make up for lost time.

No comments: