Thursday, November 6, 2014

Design tweaks, disappointment and a tidbit from our Apparently Not All Politicians Suck department.

It’s no wonder why I’ve always got so damn much chronic pain: I DON’T GET ENOUGH SLEEP. Holy crap, right? Aside from ongoing exhaustion, my complaints du jour also include watery eyes, a runny nose, shitty burning feet, shitty stiff knees, shitty crippled hands and zero motivation to empty the dishwasher.

In other news, there really isn’t any ... not counting a few exciting tweaks to the Howdygram’s graphics. Please don’t tell me if you didn’t notice, however, because I’m not handling disappointment very well today. Plus I’m hungry.

The aforementioned tweaks include a new wooden frame for “Tonight’s Dinner,” a new script font, larger sidebar titles, and last night’s new “Genuine Howdygram-Approved Bargain” thing [it premiers here] plus bigger topic subheads (i.e., “Howdygram Product Review”).
In addition to all of the above, a few minutes ago I also redesigned the navigation buttons (see below) because it’s been about four days since the last time I changed them and I didn’t want anybody to get bored. Also because I’m retired and don’t have anything else to do.


I’ve got an interesting little political tidbit from our Apparently Not All Politicians Suck department. Meet Bob Healey of Rhode Island, who waged a one-man revolution against big money in politics by spending only $35 on his 2014 campaign running for governor. The big shock? He won 22% of the vote.
“It’s amazing what $35 can do,” Healey told a local TV station on Wednesday. “If we’d only spent $75 or $80 we might’ve won the race.” Healey is a lawyer and businessman who’s been involved in state politics since he first ran for governor in 1986. He founded the Cool Moose Party in 1994.

Frankly, I love this guy for two basic reasons. First, he has laughing eyes, and second, he looks like the long-lost twin of Eugene Levy’s character in A Mighty Wind. (Anybody else remember Mitch & Mickey?)
Thank you for reading this and don’t forget to shut the light when you’re done here.

No comments: