Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Grab your calendar! It’s Dwarf Awareness Month and only 31 days until my birthday.

Holy crap! IT’S ALREADY THE FIRST DAY OF OCTOBER! In case you don’t quite grasp the significance, the month of October features all of the momentous milestones listed below.
  • OCTOBER 3:   My sister-in-law Lisa’s birthday
  • OCTOBER 4:   Yom Kippur
  • OCTOBER 11: National Coming Out Day
  • OCTOBER 24: 97th Anniversary of the Russian Revolution
  • OCTOBER 31: Halloween
But wait ... there’s more! October is also Dwarf Awareness Month and only 31 days until my birthday on November 1 for those of you who can’t wait to start shopping. Keep an eye out for Marcy’s Official 2014 Birthday Present Wish List within the next couple of weeks. Thank you in advance for your generosity.



Here’s some breaking news from our Retired Graphic Designers Never Know When To Call It Quits Department. This week — for no good reason whatsoever — I added six more free fonts to my collection. I started collecting fonts 30 years ago and I’m still an addict even though none of those original fonts are still on my Mac because the formats are different now and a lot of them were lost during assorted hard drive tragedies. Anyway, please let me know if you want any of these new ones and I’ll be glad to send the files, okay? They’re all compatible with Macs and PCs.


Show of hands. Do any of you remember back on August 22 [see post] when I had a Twilight Zone experience with a prescription refill? I ordered it online from Wal-Mart on a Thursday night and on Friday CVS called to tell me the prescription was ready for pickup.

This was a huge and freaky “what the fuck” experience because I seriously couldn’t figure out how or why a Wal-Mart refill could wind up at CVS until the pharmacy assistant at CVS finally explained that Dr. M’s nurse must be a mental case, because she paid zero attention to which pharmacy requested the refill AND CALLED IN A BRAND NEW PRESCRIPTION SOMEWHERE ELSE. I groused about this to Dr. M during my appointment on September 2 and she agreed it was disturbing. Unfortunately, though, IT JUST HAPPENED AGAIN. On Sunday I ordered a 90-day refill for Benazepril HCTZ online from Wal-Mart, and yesterday afternoon I got a call from CVS to come pick it up. I FEEL LIKE I’M LIVING IN AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE. What the hell is going on? Is Dr. M’s nurse out of her fucking mind? Do you think anybody would notice if I dropped in during my lunch hour and smacked the crap out of her with my cane? Thank you.



It’s 2 a.m. so I suppose I should inject my bedtime insulin and hit the sack already, because tomorrow will be a busy day around here! My Wednesday projects include waiting for a FedEx package from Wal-Mart and our biweekly delivery of wonderful frozen whatnots from Schwan’s. Our Schwan’s order is pictured below for your possible interest.
Thank you for reading this.

No comments: