Sunday, August 17, 2014

Trailer park politics: Why it’s impossible to take the right wing seriously.

You’ll never in a million years guess what we’ve been doing for the last 24 hours. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING DUE TO THUNDERSTORMS! No kidding, people ... we’ve had nonstop rain and thunder here in the greater drought-stricken Dallas area since mid-afternoon Saturday, and it’s such a big fat hoot to see everything SOAKING WET for a change. And the best part is, THERE’S MORE ON THE WAY TONIGHT. Holy crap, right?

By now the observant ones amongst you may have spotted a few Howdygram design changes this afternoon. I refer specifically to the banner (new font, new layout), the sidebar titles (new font, new colors), post content (a lighter shade of gray) and the post divider (a skinny strip of wood instead of denim). Don’t beat yourself up if you didn’t notice; I don’t think Sam could tell the difference, either. Design tweaks are something I do from time to time in an ongoing effort to prevent brain atrophy. (I’m not sure it’s working.)

And now ... the photo of the year for your possible interest.
Know where Sam is? I sent him to Wal-Mart to buy ICE CREAM because we’re bored, hungry and decadent. I’m guessing he’ll bring home a box of ice cream sandwiches for himself and sugar-free ice cream bars for yours truly but he promised to call on Face Time from the freezer section so I can pick out what I want. Wal-Mart used to carry a big variety of cheap sugar-free whatnots by Blue Bunny (stop laughing) that were awfully damn good. I hope Sam can find them. I try not to complicate his life but I usually do, anyway.
Thank you for reading this.

No comments: