Sunday, August 24, 2014

The Howdygram would like to extend its best wishes to the vibrating residents of Napa Valley, California.

And now for something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. It’s 4:15 a.m., I just woke up for no reason at all AND I FEEL TERRIFIC. As a matter of fact, I’ve been feeling terrific for the last several days and I can attribute my good fortune to the following: 1) I’m taking Naproxen twice a day; and 2) the month-long plantar fasciitis flare-up in my left heel is history. As a result, for the first time in maybe three years I’M COMPLETELY PAIN-FREE. It’s a life-changer.

In case you’re interested my recurring foot pain goes way beyond plantar fasciitis. I also have HEEL SPURS (confirmed five years ago by my podiatrist) and TARSAL TUNNEL SYNDROME (compression nerve damage) caused by diabetic peripheral neuropathy. Symptoms of tarsal tunnel syndrome include: 1) swelling, painful burning and numbness in the feet and lower legs; 2) electric shock sensations; 3) pain that radiates into the heel; and 4) difficulty walking or standing. (Hugs and kisses to the Johns Hopkins Health Library for providing this excellent information.)

Thank you for putting up with me.



And now I’ve got a breaking news story from our Texas Morons Who Don’t Know When To Shut The Hell Up department. Judge Julie Kocurek has issued a warning to Governor Rick Perry — who’s facing trial on two felony counts for abuse of power — that repeated denunciation of his indictment and the judicial process can be seen as a direct threat to the grand jurors, according to the Austin American-Statesman. “I have a duty to make sure that members of the grand jury are protected,” Kocurek said. (The prosecutor and judge, incidentally, are Republicans.)
Ironically, the reasons behind Perry’s felony indictment were for trying to force Democrat Rosemary Lehmberg, the elected District Attorney of Travis County, to resign, and when she refused he vetoed $7.5 million in state funding for the Public Integrity Unit that she oversees. At the time the PIU was investigating corruption at the Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas, which was Perry’s landmark initiative run by his friends and political cronies.

Way to go, Governor Hairdo. You’ve got a reserved seat in the GOP clown car for the 2016 presidential primary.



The Howdygram would like to extend its best wishes to the vibrating residents of Napa Valley, California, following their big 6.1 earthquake hoo-hah this morning. Here are a couple of damage photos from our on-site news team. (Just kidding. They’re actually screen shots from CNN.com.)
As a final thought, if you’re interested in high quality Sunday night television programming I would like to recommend “Real Housewives of New Jersey” on Bravo and “Masters of Sex” on Showtime. Sam and I hope you have a pleasant evening. Sayonara, y’all.

No comments: