Saturday, June 14, 2014

Sam bought a Whataburger breakfast sandwich at the airport and said it was atrocious.

Here is my Saturday morning timeline, which I’ll continue posting until my head hits the keyboard. (I’m really tired. Details follow.)

6:02 A.M. Sam should be arriving at Dallas Love Field as I write this post. A Super Shuttle picked him up in the dark about 40 minutes ago for his flight to Los Angeles. He boards at 6:55 so I’ve decided to hang out with the Howdygram for a while in case he calls from the airport while he’s eating a bagel, and then I’ll go back to bed. I definitely did NOT get much sleep last night. We’re not accustomed to waking up with an alarm clock and I kept rolling over every 15 minutes to check the time.

For your possible interest the following map indicates: A) Howdygram headquarters; and B) Love Field. I’ll also throw in a nice photo of the airport at no extra charge.
6:19 A.M. Sam just called. He says nothing in the airport is open for breakfast yet and he’s starving, so I told him to hang up, keep looking and call me back after he eats. We know our priorities, people. FOOD COMES FIRST. Shouldn’t there at least be a Starbucks with a couple of nice muffins?

6:29 A.M. It’s finally getting light outside and I’m so damn tired I can hardly keep my eyes open. For the weather nerds amoung you, Dallas is expecting a mostly cloudy day today, zero rain and a high of 91°. Gah.

6:34 A.M. Sam found a Whataburger in the American Airlines terminal and bought himself a breakfast sandwich. He said it was atrocious. Not surprisingly, however, Whataburger is intensely popular here in Texas just like guns, trucks, beer and fetuses.
6:56 A.M. This will be my final entry since Sam just boarded his Southwest Airlines flight to L.A. and I’m going back to bed to catch up on all the sleep I didn’t get last night.
Thank you for reading this.

No comments: