Friday, June 6, 2014

Remembering D-Day with frosted wads of fried dough.

Today, dear readers, is D-Day. And I’m NOT referring to the 70th annual remembrance of the Normandy invasion during World War II. Today is NATIONAL DONUT DAY here in the United States, where humans without diabetes can celebrate with COMPLETELY FREE DONUTS at participating Krispy Kreme and Dunkin Donuts locations. (I’m jealous. Sue me.)
It’s 1:30 a.m. and Sam has been unconscious in the family room since 9:30 last night. He actually slept through a couple of cute 1930s musicals: Pigskin Parade (1936) starring Stuart Erwin, Jack Haley and Patsy Kelly and Going Hollywood (1933) starring Bing Crosby and Marion Davies. Sam has never been a huge fan of Depression-era musicals but sleeping through two in a row might have more to do with all the medication he’s taking [see my last post] and the fact that his body is fighting multiple infections right now. Poor guy.
I think this might be an excellent time to stop typing and get some sleep, so maybe I’ll wake Sam and go to bed. Say hi to the family for me, okay?

No comments: